noob here, just need a little help

i am trying to make a logo for some stupid game that i play. it needs to be 16*16 pixels and in a 24 or 32 bit BMP format. changeing the image to 16*16 pixels was really easy! i cant figure out how to make it in BMP format, i believe is JPEG now? maybe? if u could help me out soon as u can it would be awesome. its actually a ying yang and if u could also tell me how to make the outside transparent that would also help lots! i know this is probably small potatos for you guess but im new so help me out please!

Use magic wand to select the area you want to be transparent (fine tune selection with tolerance slider) & press delete. The transparent area will show up as a grey/white checkerboard pattern.

You won't be able to see transparency with a BMP file though as they don't support transparency. You'll need to save your image as a GIF (limited transparency support) or PNG (full alpha channel transparency supported).