is there...?

I'm afraid I'm not sure to what little dots you are referring. I pasted the image into PDN and dragged the Color Picker around the image, and all I got was white, save for a row of #fefefe at the right edge, #f8f8f8 at the left edge, #f9f9f9 at the top border, and #fdfdfd across the bottom.

Unless you're talking about the .jpg compression artifacts around the subject, perhaps?

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype

I'm still not sure what you're referring to either. Perhaps if you posted a second copy of the image, but drew a red rectangle around the area you're concerned about?

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

Well, with that image, I just used the Magic Wand.

Select the Magic Wand tool and click on the white. (You may have to adjust your tolerance. A tolerance setting of 30 worked perfectly for me.) Then either use Brightness / Contrast to brighten the darker pixels, or fill it directly with the color white.

Then, to avoid further compression artifacting, I'd suggest saving in PNG format, as PNG compression is lossless. You could also save it as a PDN, but:

1) If it's only 1 layer, there's really no need.

2) PNG can be uploaded to the web and viewed through a browser or opened in any other image viewer / editor for future use.

Hope that helps!

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype