how to make a cylinder

yeah how do you make a cylinder like this ive tried using the gaussian blur but mine dont turn out as good as this one heres a pic of a real good one id like to learn how to do it like this http://img827.images...236/pic001z.png

this guy got some skill :star: the ones i make are horrible whats his secret thanks

Edited by hangdawg

yeah how do you make a cylinder like this ive tried using the gaussian blur but mine dont turn out as good as this one heres a pic of a real good one id like to learn how to do it like this http://img827.images...236/pic001z.png

this guy got some skill :star: the ones i make are horrible whats his secret thanks

stripev.png

1. Open a new document

2. Create a hollow rectangle with rounded corners in black with antiliasing disabled

3. On a new layer select the inside of that rectangle with '0' tolerance and apply a liner gradient of blue to white

4. On a new layer create a new rectangle with rounded corners again so that the blue to white gradient is visible around the outside

5. Select the outside of that rectangle and create a black to white linear gradient within the selection.

6. Apply gaussian blur at a setting of 2

7. Run AA's Assistant at 3.

There are many other ways to do this also - this was the first one that came to mind and it took about 2 minutes!

Edited by ventor1
naturesig.png

Darn! Beaten by welshblue in the time it took me to create and upload the images!

Anyway, it was good practise for me for my first tutorial... many years from now boltbait.smile.png

Someone (sorry, I don't remember who) suggested using the line tool in another thread (if I remember right, it was on a tutorial for a "Shield" thread):

Step 1: 2cmslds.png

Step 2: 15rxu9v.png

Step 3: 11rq34z.png

End result: 64kkl2.png

Resize as needed.

Edited by Djisves

Xkds4Lh.png

Buttons. Fiddle with the 'XY Corners' amounts.

yeah it looks like a real good way of doing it but i dont have the outline like you have :( i have this

oh i found it its boltbaits plugin ;) but i need the finished button to be w=90 h=22 by reduceing it distorts the image Edited by hangdawg

The Button plugin I linked to gives you the option of setting the button height and width. It seems a much easier method of making these rounded buttons boltbait.wink.png