Line drawing edit help.

Eyron

I just got PDN an my computer and have been filling in line pictures due to sheer boredom.

I have noticed however that the individual lines start black in the middle and fade out to the white background, so when I use the magic wand tool to fill in an area there is grey surrounding every black line. Is there a way to make the lines trail from black to the blue I am using instead of into the white of the original picture?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also simply changing the grey into black or the filling colour makes it look either too blocky or too thin. So I have tried all that I know :S

Edited by Eyron

Try increasing the Tolerance of the Magic Wand to around 70 per cent.

(Or as high as you can make it and still have the selection be contained)

Then make a new layer and fill the selection on the new layer.

Set the layer Blending mode to Multiply.

If you are bored why not try some tutes as suggested by other posters.

This forum has a search function so that if anyone has a question that has been answered previously they can do a search. The search function relies on thread titles. If we have a million thread titles called "I need help" - that would be a most unhelpful function.

Please consider revising your thread title to something more specific. Paintbucket tool not working or something like that

So what you are saying is that when you have an areas selected with the magic wand & you want to fill it with colour, the paint bucket is not working?

So if you have a circle selected & you put the paintbucket tool inside the circle it won't fill with colour?

There could be a couple of reasons for this.

1. The selection needs to be inverted so - CRTL + I & then try

2. The tolerance is set too low & you are trying to put one colour over another - so increase the tolerance

Hope some of the suggestions here have been helpful.

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

Please read the rules and do not use generic thread titles such as "I need help ..."

I will close this thread unless the title is updated to something more useful.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

Great, oh and paint bucket does work it just sometimes glitches and I find it better to see what the program thinks I have tried to select before filling it with colour. Since it is another persons piece and was never designed to have colour in it there are gaps in the sketching and I have filled the entire picture blue or red on more than one occasion.

Having a second layer set to multiply works great, there is still usually a bit of cleaning up around the lines to be done afterwards but not nearly as much. Thanks.