Need help with fade edge

I looked around the forum for answers to this question but didn't see the exact problem I am running into. I am sure its user error but not sure what it is I am doing wrong.

I wanting to fade all four edges on some photos for a blog header. When I select the photo and apply the fade edge to it, it will only fade on one side, either left or right. What has me confused is I am using the tool the same way I always have but all of a sudden its not working the way it used to.

Help please! =)

Thanks!

only thing i could think of is if you have a part selected OR if your working on the wrong layer accidentaly- if its not one of those then you could try reloading PDN to try to get rid of a glitch- fade edge is working fine here, btw

spacesig.png

SARCASM- Just one of the many services I offer free to the public.

only thing i could think of is if you have a part selected OR if your working on the wrong layer accidentaly- if its not one of those then you could try reloading PDN to try to get rid of a glitch- fade edge is working fine here, btw

I've double checked the layers and its the right one. As far as the selecting I took the move selection tool and brought the size down to the 150x150 image I am working with swapped back to move pixles tool and added fade edge. After running the repair mentioned above it is now fading right and top but not left and bottom.

Now moving to down loading pdn again and seeing if that fixes it.

Thanks so much for the help.

• 4 weeks later...