cut image into pieces

yeah but using the line tool and deleting the line id be losing the pixels that make up the line say if line is 1 or 2 pixels thick that would make the finish product that much shorter or higher and if cutting into say 4 or 5 pieces every line i made across to disect it id be losing pixels so if it started at say 40 pixels wide putting a line and deleting it it would end up being like 38 or 39 pixels wide afterward i guess its possible i seen where someone said make it a whole piece then turn it into pieces but they were using photoshop

Edited by hangdawg

yeah but useing the line tool and deleteing the line id be losing the pixels that make up the line say if line is 1 pixel thick deleting it to separate would make it a whole row that the pixels would be missing making the whole piece shorter than when i started

Don't use the line tool.Use the selection tool then Move selected pixels

me.png             

Select region, CTRL + C, add new layer :AddNewLayer: , CTRL + V.

Go back to original layer, CTRL + I (inverts selection) CTRL + C, add new layer :AddNewLayer: , CTRL + V.

Toggle original layer's visibility = off (not visible).

Repeat this process to progressively disassemble the image into it's component parts.

you could also use "canvas size" to increase overall denminsions without increasing the size of the picture-Image>Canvas size use the rectangle select tool to choose a square of the image and then the move selected pixel tool to seperate it from the rest of the pic

th_00squarea.png

Edited by mountnman

spacesig.png

SARCASM- Just one of the many services I offer free to the public.