VERY new question- layers

I have been working for about an hour on paint. I can't figure out how to combined the layers. I did a good tutorial and read all about layers on the help, and have searched help too. I can't find where is the button to put it all together to see the finished product of your layers?

TIA!! Hope this isn't too dense of me.

I am starting to think I am too dumb for using layers. It is odd because I quit using it back in 2008 for this reason and still can't figure it out!

I couldn't get it to work after doing ctrl shift F. Any other specifics? I really need to make some tweaks to my logo.

I am basically importing two pictures and I want to layer them. Maybe I am acquiring them wrong for layering. I just went to File> Open and chose one, then did the same thing for the other and they are sitting up there on the right separately and so should I actually choose "New layer" and then somehow open up a picture on the new layer page? How do I bring in a picture off my computer as a new layer?

Because the way it is currently, it's not having the option to merge them.

Thanks again for anyone's patience who is reading this.

for that you would have to open both files- as you have done- then select which pic you want on the top layer- use a selection tool- magic wand set at 100% tollerance would do nicely- and select the whole picture, copy the pic- Ctrl-c ,, then go to the other picture- in the layers window -add a new layer, paste the copied pic into the new layer, Ctrl-v- and Bada-bing you have started your first layer work

Edited by mountnman

spacesig.png

SARCASM- Just one of the many services I offer free to the public.