Skullbonz's Gallery

skullbonz

I recently was turned on to Paint.net and I think this is the best picture editting program that I have used to date. I have used the basic windows paint,adobe 5.5,gimp,etc. and none compare to Paint.net. The plug-ins that people have made are awesome and I am still learning what can be done with them by experimenting with all the effects offered. The only problem I have found is that when I get playing with Paint.net I lose track of time and before I know it the sun is coming up and I haven't gotten any sleep,lol. Here are a few of my pictures and I will add more as I go along. I have many pictures that I have editted/made with Paint.net but will only post the ones I feel are good enough to put here.

In all these pictures I have used some of the features in any or all of the plug-ins by KrisVDM,pyrochild,BoltBait,SimonB,MadJik and my favorite Shape3D by MKT. Thank you all for your generosity in making and posting these plug-ins.

This first picture I used a picture of China at night from space and MKT's Shape3D to make it a planet,layered it over the gasses of a nebula,added another layer of the gasses on top,adjusted the transperancy,added a frame,bevelled the frame and some minor adjustments and here it is. I call this one "Earth 2099" when we have industrialized the whole planet and the pollution is so bad that it blocks out the sun.

th_69bc.jpg

This picture I used a lot of different effects to make it,too many to list,lol. I started with a basic pic of Yellowstone,added a UFO from the game I play called Air Attack,used the bottom of one of these UFO's for the stargate. Remember,lol,I am just a newbie,be kind,lol. Oh ya I made the planet with a mirrored pic of Africa from space and MKT's Shape3D.

th_49j.jpg

This one I used a picture of an airplane junkyard and added the ufo's,car and fridge,lol,many effects used here.

th_8-d.jpg

White Tigers

th_white-tigers.jpg

Planet Plasma

th_75.jpg

The beginning of the end of a Solar System.

th_76-a.jpg

After the end of global warming on Earth.

th_73-b.jpg

Edited by skullbonz

http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/21233-skullbonz-art-gallery

I like the concept of the first one very much.

The photo-manipulations are good but the cut bits need to be feathered (Feather plugins) out some or use AA Assistant. Sometimes a small Gaussian blur will work well too.

I like your ideas a lot. The sun one is really special.

You can add to your original post by clicking on the edit button & each time you post a new image & int hat way all of you lovely images will be in one post - a gallery!

Really good to have you here. Don't worry about the lack of sleep - we all do that ;)

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

Thank you for the comments,I am still learning and hope to someday produce as fine of works as you do. It is amazing some of the effects I have seen you guys use in your art,man that is awesome. I also would like to apologize for not putting all the pictures in the same post. I guess I missed that one in the rules,sorry,I'm getting old,lol. I will do that from now on. How do you shrink the thumbnail down like in other galleries?

I am still new and will learn the ropes soon,please bear with me on my journey. I have been reading the tutorials but they weren't making much sense to me until I just played with all the effects and saw what you could do with them. Plus it familiarized me with layering,etc. a bit more. Now I just have to start with the easier tutorials and work up to the more complex. One of the first I tried was the 3D lettering,lol,I got it once but could not do it again,lol. I think I'm ready to try it again and this weekend I will play with that. I saw a picture someone did with a translucent green card table,with chips and cards/with a curl,and you could see the reflections in the green table. That picture really got me going and I can't wait until I get that good. I can't find that picture now so I'm going thru the gallery again,lol,awesome picture. If anyone can steer me towards it to shorten my looking I would greatly appreciate it,lol. But I don't mind looking at them again. I'm going to bookmark it this time,lol.

Thanks again,ya hooked another one,I'm here to stay,lol. ;)

Oh ya,Welshblue,those are UFO's from an online flying game I play,the same one in the stargate picture sitting on the right and I used the bottom of one to make the stargate. The game is Air Attack,a world war 2 era game with 4 countries,US,SU,GB,GE with prop planes and machine guns. Someone made the UFO skin for a plane,gave it faster speed,heavier guns and turns on a dime. We bring them out for special fun events a few times a year and let everybody fly them,its a hoot. Some of us have the privilage to use one anytime and once in awhile we do it after the weekly fun events and let evryone try to shoot us down,lol,thats a hoot also. But we try not to overdo it,it's meant to be a dogfighting game,but it does keep them interested,lol. Anyway this game is why I added them in those pictures. They went in a story I was telling in their forum,lol,I can be a bit of a picture comedian sometimes,lol.

Edited by skullbonz

Is this what you're looking for? Take a wander through his gallery anyway - still the most fantastic art to see.

Doing tutes is a great start. It worked well for me in the beginning & I still try out tute. Never too old to learn.

As for the thumbnails, if you use photobucket to upload your images then you can get the thumbnail code from the drop down box. All you need to do is remove the ?action=view&current= in the image code & it will take you directly to the image. See below where I have put in extra spaces so you can see what the original code looks like.

?action=view&current=[/color] Valentine.png] http: //i582.photobucket.com/albums/ss265/barbieq25/Abstract/th_Valentine .png[ /IMG][ /URL]

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

Yes, Barbieq25,thank you so much,it even shows me how to do it,real cool. Every gallery I have been in has just amazed me. You people are all really good,i would even say professional. I couldn't find the "?action=view&current=" in the code,photo bucket gives me 4 choices,Email&IM,Direct Link,HTML Code,and IMG code. I was just copy and pasting the image code,should I be using one of the others? I still can't figure out this thumbnail thing,lol,bear with me mods if they should be smaller,please.

Until now I have been learning Paint.net using pictures and the effects. After seeing what you all do from scratch I decided to try it. In the picture of "The Beginning of the End of a Solar System" the only thing I used from media was the planet in the right bottom corner. I used a picture of a mountain and lake to make it and I liked how it looks like the surface is heaving from earth quakes,lol. The rest I started with a black back ground and made everything as I went along. I think I'm getting out of control,lol,I just can't stop playing with this. :)

skullbonz have a look at the screen shot:

Photobucketcode.png

You should see the IMG thumb code. There should be 5 codes.

Copy the code (click in the white box & it will copy it automatically), paste this into the post & then take out the "?action=view&current=" only. That will then take the viewer directly to the image only on Photobucket.

Let me know if you cannot see the thumb code. It really should be there, last on the list.

It took me ages to get the hang of it too...

So long as your images are less than 800 at maximum width or height, you should be ok. It is just a kindness to others not to have huge images to load.

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

I like your art! My favorite of yours is the The beginning of the end of a Solar System. Very cool! Did you use motion blur for the stars? for was it fragment? I found that drawing 2, two pixel, lines through the center (up and down, then side to side, to form a cross) work better for the sparkle. I then use a radial transparency gradient to fade the ends out.

Another way to make a thumbnail is to copy the direct link (the second code in Barbieq's screenshot), then go to the top of the reply box, where all the bold, italics, underline, font options are. Go to "other styles" > thumbnail(should be at the very bottom). Paste your direct link in there. Then you should get a thumbnail that goes directly to the picture.

example:

http://i366.photobucket.com/albums/oo103/TEA_BONZ/paint%20dot%20net%20edits/76-a.jpg

Edited by Heat Stroke

Wait! No matter where you go, there you are!

We're all wise guys.

Thanks Barbie,I had a setting turned off for the thumbnail code in photo bucket,got it now I think,I removed the part you said and it works now,thanks.

Heat,I used the Star Glow under Stylize and started with white color spots. After I rendered a couple layers of red/orange clouds over it,it blurred the sparkle a bit but I liked it so I went with it. I will try the way you explained,always open to learn new things,thanks.