Very strange: I'm using the latest paint.net (3.5.10), liquify (ver. 1.5) works in its dialog, but won't render to the canvas. After I click ok, the original remains untouched. Pyrochild's other plugins work just fine (stitch, smudge, etc.). Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?

Not trying to be negative here, but can you or someone please post more samples of what exactly this plugin does before I consider installing it? I'm sure it's great, but the sample you provided in your first post doesn't really show much of what it does. Thanks ahead of time.

Just a simple example using the "Push" feature in the plugin.

Before:

Smile.jpg

After:

SmileFangs.jpg

And yet another:

AliLandryVampiress.jpg

from pg 49 in my gallery I did a tulip using the very first version of smudge. If I was to do this picture again. Liquify would be a better option for some of the shaping.

thisistheversionImgoingwith.png

Edited by oma

Is there a way to save mesh to some kind of "human readable" format? Are there any current mesh file format specs?

I need it coz I want to use saved meshes in my computer game.

Thanks!

Top plugin pyrochild. I've used it for Ebru effects (marbling) and for tricky tweaks.

Used it a lot in some of my abstracts as well.   

N%20East_zpsnv47jyt3.jpg

• Upvote 1

I can't believe I've never posted on this thread telling you how awesome I think this plugin is.

Absolutely brilliant! I love it!

• Like 1

Photoshop has changed the file format of .msh files created in Photoshop's Liquify. The newer .msh files are much smaller (50-300 kB) compared to the original .msh files which were often 15+ MB each. Probably Adobe is just compressing the old files, but I suspect the compression is lossy because of the massive reduction in file size. The old larger files can still be imported in Photoshop but can only be saved in the new smaller format.

What this means is that Paint.net's Liquify is now only partly compatible with Photoshop's. Meshes created in Paint.net can be imported into Photoshop, but not the other way around. So I'd like to know: will the plugin be updated to read Photoshop's newer format? And in any case, would anyone be willing to speculate on how the new meshes may be being compressed? That could help any reverse engineering attempts ...

I don't have Photoshop. Could you attach:

• A .msh exported from Photoshop
  • Dimensions of the image it was created for
  • Before and after image of the mesh's distortion

Then I can take a look... no promises :)

No problem. I made three PNGs of various sizes and used the "push brush" twice in Liquify to make simple test meshes. Dimensions are in the file names. The resulting zip file is too big to attach (still only 1.4 MB), but here's a link to Mega.nz:

https://mega.nz/#!We5QkARI!2-qD_qK2e8ADnYJcT578x9RxXo4uvBH0rXeDPeR-pRU

I understand there are no promises when trying to reverse engineer something, but thanks a lot for trying!