Thermal Heat Map

Here's a new plugin I've been working on. Comments would be welcomed.

You'll find it under Effects>Distort.

Released 23 Dec 2010.

You can find it here: Thermal Heat Map

post-48727-129257823183_thumb.png

My fault entirely. I was using an external image to construct the palette, and I forgot to load it as a resource - this occurred to me at 3am!

New build later today.

That was a lot more work than I thought. Could not get the palette from an embedded resource.

I finally threw the palette into a text file and imported that. I'm stuffed if I need to edit it......, :D

New build posted & should fix the problem @Cookies reported.

It is slow on large images. I'm working on some minor improvements, but nothing is going to produce mind-numbing performance gains.

Users should note that I've given the rendering loop a little randomization. This will mean that rendering the effect twice over duplicate images will likely not produce exactly the same effect both times. I've done this to reduce artifacts generated by the circular gradient brush if it's implimentation is too regimented.

The idea (and much of the code) came from here: http://dylanvester.com/post/Creating-Heat-Maps-with-NET-20-%28C-Sharp%29.aspx

Glad you like it.

Here's the latest - and I think the last - build. Unless there are problems or bugs I think it's finished (that's tempting fate :lol:).

New bits: numeric counters linked to the sliders, and an 'enhance' checkbox for more vivid colors.

Anything else I should consider implimenting? Speak now.....,