Vector Tutorial Request

I don't want to further annoy people with arguments but I must throw in my bit of information, just in case it deters some bad PR for PDN.

I would NEVER use a paint program that doesn't support some form of vector drawing. Why? Because vector drawings/layers allow you to outline ANY raster objects for the purpose of precise antialiased vector selections. Really, there is no better way of doing this than using splines handles with curve, cusp, symetric, asymetric, curve, and line vector nodes.

sysrpl: I think pretty much everyone would aggree that this is a statement, not an attack, but also not a request. fair enough?

Ok, so don't use Paint.NET then.

sysrpl: That is all Rick said, period. with me so far? Rick was simply responding to your statement with a statement not a personal attack or a "psh, I don't care about your request." He responded with a simple, non aggressive, statement. PDN wasn't designed for vector images. Actually, if you want to get techinical, your statement didn't even ask for a response, but Rick was kind enough to give you a response so that you could find a program that does support vector graphics (like inkscape).

In Summary:

1: Don't expect an answer when you don't ask a question.

2: If someone is kind enough to you to reply to your statement, don't fly off the handle and start accusing people of being unfriendly and having a bad community.

3: Don't publicly diss a program because of what you experienced(or think you experienced) on a forum. People are fallable, they're not perfect, don't expect everyone to say exactly the right thing all the time. If you're representing a program, do just that, represent the program, not its developers.

crosswalker

Lawless%20government%20sig.png

• 10 years later...
On 10/21/2006 at 6:47 PM, Rick Brewster said:

Edited by Kz2016
Decided not to feed into a 10yr old problem situation. Word to the wise, make sure you know WHO is behind your software...and make sure your ok with what they choose to do.