How to Install Plugins ×

PSFilterPdn (01-18-2024)

null54

3 hours ago, nitenurse79 said:

Using the latest version of this plugin, Windows 10 (all updated) and when I try to run Johann's plugins I get this error, any idea ?

My guess is that you are missing the MSVCRT10.DLL that the plugins require, you can download it from The Plugin Site.

Once downloaded place it in the Paint.NET Effects folder with PSFilterShim.exe.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

PdnSig.png

Plugin Pack | PSFilterPdn | Content Aware Fill | G'MICPaint Shop Pro Filetype | RAW Filetype | WebP Filetype

The small increase in performance you get coding in C++ over C# is hardly enough to offset the headache of coding in the C++ language. ~BoltBait

19 hours ago, null54 said:

My guess is that you are missing the MSVCRT10.DLL that the plugins require, you can download it from The Plugin Site.

Once downloaded place it in the Paint.NET Effects folder with PSFilterShim.exe.

Thanks @null54 that did the trick 😊

ZXCBOoZ.png

• 1 month later...

I have been using PDN for years and now I can't seem to get the plugins to run. I have reinstalled it even bought the Windows version. Folders are exactly as they have been in the past. So what am I doing wrong?

24 minutes ago, PoeticHoe said:

I can't seem to get the plugins to run. I have reinstalled it even bought the Windows version. Folders are exactly as they have been in the past. So what am I doing wrong? 

All your paint.net plugins have stopped working? or just the Photoshop filters within this plugin?

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

16 hours ago, PoeticHoe said:

It's weird because only the Nik Collection will work. But zero or anything else won't

It sounds like some of the filters may be missing a required file.

• Like 1

PdnSig.png

Plugin Pack | PSFilterPdn | Content Aware Fill | G'MICPaint Shop Pro Filetype | RAW Filetype | WebP Filetype

The small increase in performance you get coding in C++ over C# is hardly enough to offset the headache of coding in the C++ language. ~BoltBait

• 2 months later...

<3 @null54!

I uploaded for 8bf filter/ filter.
Unfortunately I can't edit it because it doesn't accept the filters.

What do I have to do?

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

Gandhi

mae3426x.png

@Seerose Do you see the 8bf filter when you open Pdn and go to Effects?

Effects-8bf-filter.png

You have to download the Plugins from the web.  i.e. I got the Fractal from this site. download the Julia1.1 and put both of the files into Paint.net Effects, then you should see this:

Step-2-3.png

• Like 1

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

<3 @Pixey! Still doesn't change.

juni2019.png

juni2019s.png

Edited by Seerose

Gandhi

mae3426x.png

It looks like you didn't put one of the files into the Effects Folder.  Look at @null54 Plugin folder for this, and put it into Paint.net's Effects Folder:

PSFilter-Shim.png

• Like 1

30b8T8B.gif

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

<3 @Pixey!

I was looking for whole paint folders.  PSFilterShim.exe I have not. 

Gandhi

mae3426x.png

@Seerose Go back to the 1st page and download the Plugin again.  Unzip it and you will find the PSFilterShim.exe in there and put it into Paint.net's Effect Folder.

• Like 1

30b8T8B.gif

@Pixey! I did everything just like you said. Unfortunately it still doesn't work out.

juni2019sh.png

Gandhi

mae3426x.png

Hmmm .... that's very strange as the PSFilterShim should have an .exe on the end.

Perhaps @null54 will be able to figure this out 😱

• Like 1

30b8T8B.gif

17 minutes ago, Pixey said:

Hmmm .... that's very strange as the PSFilterShim should have an .exe on the end.

Windows hides the .exe extension by default.

6 hours ago, Pixey said:

Perhaps @null54 will be able to figure this out 😱 

The only thing that I can think of is that the code I use to check if the file exists may be failing due to another error.

• Like 1

PdnSig.png

<3 Dear @Pixey! and <3 @null54!

First of all thank you very much for your help. :cake: :coffee: :cake: :coffee: So I can do nothing against it.

Honestly, I don't know much about computers either. Before I do something wrong I leave my fingers off it.

Gandhi

mae3426x.png

2 minutes ago, Seerose said:

<3 Dear @Pixey! and <3 @null54!

First of all thank you very much for your help. :cake: :coffee: :cake: :coffee: So I can do nothing against it.

Honestly, I don't know much about computers either. Before I do something wrong I leave my fingers off it.

You are welcome :)  It is sad though, that you can't get it to work.  I don't know much about computers myself, but perhaps @null54 could answer this question:

1.  Would it make a difference if you had downloaded to wrong "bit"?  I noticed that one has a choice to use 64 bit or 32bit.

2.  Also, I think you use Windows 7 @Seerose ?  Perhaps that could be a factor too ?

• Like 1

30b8T8B.gif

<3 @Pixey and <3 @null54

Short time ago I had 8bf filter / filter and everything worked fine. 

Certainly at some point unconsciously I made mistakes. 

Thanks again and a thousand times for your support. :cake: :coffee: :cake: :coffee:

Edited by Seerose

Gandhi

mae3426x.png

• 1 year later...
7 hours ago, 3doutlaw said:

That's odd, my NIK filters just stopped working as well?

Try reinstalling them, that error message indicates that the filter could not find a dependency it requires.

PdnSig.png

The filters work independently, without issue, but I reinstalled anyway, and still no luck.  I've been using these filters in Paint.Net for years.  :(  Any other thoughts?  Did a Paint.net update just release by chance?  Just in case it is related...are we able to roll back, if so?