How to Install Plugins ×

PSFilterPdn (01-18-2024)

null54

@Nai - I have managed to find most of those you named - thank you very much - but I'm still searching for the layer mask you mention ;)

You're welcome, Pixey !

Here are official websites to that two layer mask plug-ins...

Fluid Mask : http://www.vertustech.com/fluidMask/overview.html

Perfect Mask 8 : http://www.ononesoftware.com/products/mask8/

Somehow both of it are shareware. Anyway, buying either one of it is still less painful than buying Photoshop ( just for the sake of getting the benefit of layer mask ).

Edited by Nai

ba2ec8c.png

Both the x86 and x64 versions of Luce2 work in Paint.NET 4.0.

If you are using a 64-bit OS PSFilterPdn will automatically use the x64 version of Luce2 if it finds both versions.

Thanks !

In my case, x64 didn't worked out for me and I have to shut down Paint.Net. I do believe that what had happened to me possibly just happened only on my computer. Grateful that x86 working very well.

ba2ec8c.png

For those who have downloaded Photoshop plugins/filters from Filters Factory and/or Two Moon ( also those from somewhere else )...

Any of you experiencing this kind of experience ? I mean a prompt box with a message popped out when you ran the plugin/filters. Telling something like this :

" The specified module could not be found ( Exception from HResults :0X8007007E)" 

And your plugins/filters can't work or you have to shut down Paint.Net.

If you are, here are the steps of solution which I got from Null54 himself :

1. Download MSVCRT10.dll from The Plugin Site

2. Put that file on Paint.NET Effects folder.

3. Re-run PSFilterPDN again and re-run the specified plugins/filters. In my case, my Paint.NET requires no restarting.

The specified dll file needed is a mandatory for running all filters by Filters Factory.

Thanks Null54 for providing this simple but powerful solution.

Cheerio !

Edited by Nai

ba2ec8c.png

• 1 month later...

Fixed a regression with loading shortcuts to filters.
Convert the source color to RGB when showing the color picker.

File version updated to 1.0.5.2.

• Upvote 2

PdnSig.png

Plugin Pack | PSFilterPdn | Content Aware Fill | G'MICPaint Shop Pro Filetype | RAW Filetype | WebP Filetype

The small increase in performance you get coding in C++ over C# is hardly enough to offset the headache of coding in the C++ language. ~BoltBait

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have only tried 3 8bf plugins, including Lunar Cell using this and it works awesome although slow on this low end computer.

I will use more of its potential if I know what other compatible 8bf plugins can make magic for me.. 

• 1 month later...

Has anyone got a link to a page curl plugin that works with this ? The one I have (MPCurl) is not working now on v4.0.5 of pdn. Thank you.

swIFX9v.png

Has anyone got a link to a page curl plugin that works with this ? The one I have (MPCurl) is not working now on v4.0.5 of pdn. Thank you.

MPCurl works for me in 4.0.5.

Note that MACCURL.8bf and MPCurl.8bf cannot be installed at the same time, they use the same category and name so PSFilterPdn would only show one of them.

• Upvote 2

PdnSig.png

Plugin Pack | PSFilterPdn | Content Aware Fill | G'MICPaint Shop Pro Filetype | RAW Filetype | WebP Filetype

The small increase in performance you get coding in C++ over C# is hardly enough to offset the headache of coding in the C++ language. ~BoltBait

Thanks null54. That was the problem, I also had MACCURL installed too, now I have removed it, the problem is solved :)

It turns out that the PSFilterPdn not displaying two filters with the same name is a bug that only occurs on a 64-bit OS.

That has been fixed in 1.0.5.3.

PdnSig.png

• 2 months later...

Everything was working fine till today.  When I try to run 8bf I get this notice -The array bounds are invalid (Exception from HRESULT : 0x800706C6.  The program then hangs and has to be shut down.  Help please ?

Everything was working fine till today.  When I try to run 8bf I get this notice -The array bounds are invalid (Exception from HRESULT : 0x800706C6.  The program then hangs and has to be shut down.  Help please ?

Does this occur when you run PSFilterPdn or when you run an 8bf plugin?

PdnSig.png

It occurs when I try to open the PSFilterPdn.  It won't even load the 8bf's.  This last time I tried, the system crashed instead of just hanging. Thanks so much for having a look at this.  As I said, before today, I never had any problems with it.

Thanks so much for the new version sharing and for your effort. mxfburwu.gif

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

Gandhi

mae3426x.png

I downloaded the latest but it's still not working. The 8bf title now shows up in the effects lineup but when I try to use it, I still get this notice -The array bounds are invalid (Exception from HRESULT : 0x800706C6).  The folder load progress shows 1 of 1 loaded.  No filters show in the main box even after 20 minutes.  However, when I press cancel, there is no longer a hang or crash.  Both the dll and the shim are in the effects folder.

Thanks again for trying to help me out here, I really do appreciate it.

Yes, the 8bf filters are all in Effects.  I just tried again but no dice.  Same result as my previous post.

What filters are you using?

That error is probably caused by a filter that fails to load, although I have no idea why. :/

You could try removing filters the Effects folder to see if you can isolate the problem.

PdnSig.png

I pulled each 8bf out and stuck them in a desktop folder.  Each time I tried the 8bf plugin.  I even tried it with no filters in it.  Each time I got - The array bounds are invalid (Exception from HRESULT : 0x800706C6).  The folder load progress shows 1 of 1 loaded.  As earlier I'm no longer getting crashes or hangs. :(

I pulled each 8bf out and stuck them in a desktop folder.  Each time I tried the 8bf plugin.  I even tried it with no filters in it.  Each time I got - The array bounds are invalid (Exception from HRESULT : 0x800706C6).  The folder load progress shows 1 of 1 loaded.  As earlier I'm no longer getting crashes or hangs. :(

I have sent you a PM with a debug build, it should give me a better idea why that error is occurring.

PdnSig.png

Thanks very much.  I've sent the new error message to you.  Right now, the only 8bf filter in this plugin is Craquelure3d.