Tut planning, I just wanna talk!

Hey hey everyone! I'm back on those Pdn forums and for my come back I just wanna do a tutorial (dunno why, I like tuts :D). But before starting the whole picture snapping procedure and all thos explanation thing, I just wanna take some minutes to talk with some good pdn users and some guest about different skills to... be better! I'm planing to craft another sig too because that one is OLD and bad!

:D

Raph.

borderg.png

If you're doing anything with space, I'm not godlike but I can be of assistance. :)

So what exactly were you trying to do? I'm also decent with landscape and shadowing.

BTW I'm all up for another nebulae discussion. :lol:

Edited by jerry533482

Space...The Final Frontier. -James Tiberius Kirk; circa 2260s

YLOD VICTIM

I like the space thing, good idea! Sorry if it took a while to answer you, I was making an ad for a website.

So now I'm gonna upload that ad and while it's uploading I can talk with you!

My next sig will be based on space and I have a sample of my idea on my PC. If you want to see it, just ask!

(Uploading...)

borderg.png

Are you freakin' joking me?! This is like in my top 5s list of quickest replies (keep in mind that most people consider a 13 hr reply to be fast :lol:).

YLOD VICTIM

So are you like working on improving the clouds in the background, or adding stars, a mid-ground object, or something else entirely?

If you want nebula advice I did a thread a few months ago with some decent advice listed: The perfect nebula

A revived thread maybe... I'm sure the mods won't mind as long as something worthwhile is added (that is, if we have any good ideas).

YLOD VICTIM

Off the top of my head, I don't think there are any plugins with text effects (there was a commercial one a while ago)...

Are you sure 3D won't do? I do know a number of awesome tuts that will amaze you.

edit: here's something with translucency: glass text

Edited by jerry533482

YLOD VICTIM

qwertyuu: Don't make a tutorial just for the sake of it. That's not the right motivation at all :(

DEFINITELY don't make a 'space' tut unless it is ORIGINAL. We already have loads of them....,

...just a friendly reminder :)

Dude, I never said that I would do a tut on space thing, only my sig is space-themed. My tut maybe on a cool effect I found (mabye not the first one who found it) but I did not see anything on this in the forum. I will work on that nextly!

borderg.png

I like the space thing, good idea!

Just saying....,

A piece of advice: there are dozens of riduculously basic tuts here that, when sufficiently supplanted with ideas, will yield a masterpiece of a new method. My idea for galaxies came from the glowy swirl tutorial. ;)

YLOD VICTIM