Sign in to follow this  
dug

Dug's Gallery. NEW! Dec.10 Marabou Stork Nightmare. P.1.

Iceberg love it.
Love the 'hemp' apple!
The red texture is great too - based on cells?
Needs Kate Winslet at the top though! :D

Interesting piece ... would be interesting to view it after eating a few of those apples....

Some great textures going on, like the honeycomb effect rocks and love the way you've done the dandelion heads.  The piercing of the the cowling is a really nice touch

Not sure you need the black blur on the apple ?

I love the shape in the middle. The colours are lovely & it looks like they are holding a pearl. Love the dandelions too. Another wonderful thoughtful image from you :D Link works fine :D

As Welsh said, very interesting. But I like it. Your art is a little eccentric, but that's what makes it good. It's fun just to see what different things you've put into the piece :)

You create such fine work. Makes me want to find all the details and look at them separately.

LOVE the little iceberg in the back. Oh, and the colors, you always catch my attention with your color choices. :)

Iceberg - what wonderful colours & detail .... so vibrant.  And, the pewter piece is so mellifluous - you have such a wonderful grasp of the Picaso-theme of art.  Always a joy to look at your work :)

Hello and congrats for the gallery entry. Self Sculpture (Treebeard) is one of my favs.

Fascinating what you did here. All the wrinkles and dents.

You have such a range of beautiful images.

Edited by doughty

Sorry for the late reply, been on holiday(vacation). OMG a nomination for the galleria,what an amazing surprise to come back to.

Thank you everyone for the comments on Iceberg and the congratulations on Self Sculpture.

EER. Thank you so much for the nomination.

Your works remind me of the cool artwork of an artist who used to work for High Times in the beginning. I loved his work and yours,real trippy. He used to have a website but I can't remember his name and I lost the address back when I weaned off windows 98,lol.  Congrats on the nomination.   :)

Edited by skullbonz

Cheers Skullbonz ,if like Doughty says and you mean R Crumb that's quite a compliment.Love his style of cartoon art.

Doughty, forget this If I said this before but, I just love the style of your sig.

http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2013/226/f/a/admiral_gormanghast__by_therawatom-d6i3q28.png">http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2013/226/f/a/admiral_gormanghast__by_therawatom-d6i3q28.png  

Admiral Gormanghast. A wee bit of fun.

So, I'm sitting here - very sleepy after a late night and washing windows today - when I open up your gallery and click on the green fella!  Golly  - that sure woke me up.  He's kind of cute - I like him - a lot.  Not too scary - just a bit zombie.gif  

He looks a tad unamused! I like this one a lot! It has so many wonderful textures & colours in it. I love the transparent look where I can see inside his head. Well done!

This reminds me of 2 things -

1. how I used to feel the morning after the night/ days before  - 2. like something Sonic had to battle at the end of levels

Great image mate.  I especially like how you've done the outer shell.  A real sense of movement coupled with the zoom blur