Idea, how to make paint.net insanely popular

All, that i'll say further - it's based on my personal experience, but i think millions of people have same opinion.

Too many years i've used photoshop as only image editing programm.

For that time i've learned it's interface.

When i made a try to use free paint.net i noticed, that "UI is not comfortable, as in PS". Of course it's a matter of habit, but...but...

I think user make a desision use\or not paint.net software in a first 60 seconds after starting the program. It decide yes\no.

The idea is - make UI as exact copy of PS. So in that way user will be like in it's own home and accept your software.

Or, to make configurable workspace like offers Gimposhop.

That's really a personal preference thing. Personally, PDN has a more comfortable GUI then PS. Not everybody decides y/n in such a short amount of time. It took me quite a while to decide that I would keep it. The learning curve isn't really steep.

Also, IDK much about copyrights and stuff, but I have a feeling that making a GUI exactly like PS would be some kind of copyright infringement...

brokecarsig.jpg

I use PDN to everything i can, i only use PS to some advanced saving/editing options (E.G. .DDS with mipmaps, i often create "advanced" spray paints for friends for them to use in games) else i use PDN to everything because i really hate the UI for PS, so if there should be any UI "changes" then it should be customizable UI 

Edited by Cookies
CookiesSigPDN2.png

If you like Photoshop's interface so much, use Photoshop or GIMPshop.

One of Paint.NET's design goals to not be like Photoshop.

Photoshop's interface is:

• Designed for an entirely different demographic.
  • Complete and utter garbage bloody potato potatoes.

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

i found PDN because i was looking for something much more userfriendly than PS but could still do just about everything. I still keep my PS but while PDN is on my short list of commonly used programs PS hasnt been opened for a couple of months

spacesig.png

SARCASM- Just one of the many services I offer free to the public.

If you want Photoshop, then go buy Photoshop. People don't migrate from Photoshop to Paint.NET. Most people have never even seen Photoshop. Paint.NET does not have "take over Photoshop" as a goal.

There are many aspects of Photoshop's UI that I do not like. Why would I blindly reimplement them all in Paint.NET?

Also, if you want Gimpshop, then use Gimpshop. Paint.NET's selling point is not, "hey it's exactly like anything else you might have ever used and it bends over backwards to be 100% reconfigurable and stuff." No -- Paint.NET is Paint.NET. That is its selling point.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

When i made a try to use free paint.net i noticed, that "UI is not comfortable, as in PS". Of course it's a matter of habit, but...but...

I too was a long time Photoshop user. I made the switch 12 months ago and armed with the many plugins and brushes I have found the 'paint.net' UI easier to follow, and quite frankly right up there with Photoshop from a capability perspective... things are just done in a different way!

Firefox is different to IE. Chevrolet is different to Ford. Red lollies taste different to green lollies... and that's the point!

naturesig.png

I didn't understand a word of that, but my question for you is: Why would you go from ps to pdn?!? :tard2:

Why wouldn't you? Photoshop may be TEH ALL POWERFUL, but that doesn't change the fact that it sucks and is no fun to use.

(Yes, by "the fact" I really mean "my opinion")

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!