Feature request: Polygonal Lasso Tool

Hi folx

I know this topic has been discussed before.

I want to add my support to the many people who have requested a Polygonal Lasso Tool.

If the team do decide to implement this feature, I ask that they consider to implement it in the same way as Photoshop.

Photoshop allows me to zoom into a picture and start drawing a polyline with the Polygonal Lasso Tool. I am then able to press the spacebar and immediately move the image with the mouse using the Hand Tool. When I let go of the spacebar, the tool changes back to the Polgonal Lasso Tool.

I do not have to close the polygon to use the Hand Tool.

This method is highly efficient when I need to make an irregular selection from within zoomed-in high resolution pictures. I am not constrained by the phyical limitation of the size of my monitor, which only allows me to see a fraction of the image at any given time.

This is the only feature I am interested in that I have not been able to find in a freeware photoshop equivalent application.

Thank you.

Kind regards

wickyd

....if you're looking for something closer to photoshop try gimp.

I can also do most of the stuff I can do in photoshop than I can in paint.net, spare some of the filters...

Are you forgetting that this is a Paint.NET Forum?? If you have to suggest another program as a primary PDN replacement...do it in a PM.

Take responsibility for your own intelligence. 😉 -Rick Brewster

....if you're looking for something closer to photoshop try gimp.

I can also do most of the stuff I can do in photoshop than I can in paint.net, spare some of the filters...

Are you forgetting that this is a Paint.NET Forum?? If you have to suggest another program as a primary PDN replacement...do it in a PM.

That's why I hate most photoshop people... :roll:

sig6rj3.png

Well, I think the intention was good, keep cool...

"Fanatism" is never a solution to make someone do sth (buy or use or whatever).

Don't be aggressive every time someone cross the line.

Imagine if you went in a Mini car shop to travel with your 7 children and the vendor laugh at you or worse.

But if he indicates you a Chrysler shop in the same street, you will be heart-warmed and perhaps buy a Mini later for your proper needs.

See my point?

@Raven:

This is the only feature I am interested in that I have not been able to find in a freeware photoshop equivalent application.

I think he already searched in it.

No. Way. I've just seen Bob. And... *poof!*—just like that—he disappears into the mist again. ~Helio

Well, I think the intention was good, keep cool...

"Fanatism" is never a solution to make someone do sth (buy or use or whatever).

Don't be aggressive every time someone cross the line.

Imagine if you went in a Mini car shop to travel with your 7 children and the vendor laugh at you or worse.

But if he indicates you a Chrysler shop in the same street, you will be heart-warmed and perhaps buy a Mini later for your proper needs.

See my point?

I see your point. but my point is that the MINI car dealer would not be blatantly advertising for the guy down the street (i.e. "Don't come here because all we sell is little cars") He should really keep comments like that to personal correspondence

Take responsibility for your own intelligence. 😉 -Rick Brewster

Or you can just not be an < no swearing >, I was doing a reccomendation, I in no way put down Paint.NET...He asked what had it, and Gimp does.

I also said that most of the stuff that you can do in photoshop can easily be done in paint.net.

ravennm3.png