Paint.NET is getting noticed!

Found one ;)

http://www.drawingcoach.com/computer-drawing-tablet.html Watch the video too, he talks about pdn quite nicely. :D

Nice find! :wink:

---- Gallery | Sig Tutorial | deviantART | Sig Videos | PhotoBucket ----

D                  E                  S                  T                  I                 N                  Y

D                  E                  S                  T                  I                 N                  Y

Paint.NET - Chip Online

Chip is one of the biggest computer magazines in Germany and, of course, is offering Paint.NET for Download on their site.

I've translated some text bits for you :)

Download count: 1.8 million

The 2nd most downloaded image processing program of all time (GIMP is first) with approx. 15,000 downloads a week.

Their conclusion:

Paint.NET is a first-class image editing software which already offers many of the features included in commercial products, such as working on different layers etc.

Download is highly recommended.

I have Photoshop CS4, and I hate it ... It seriously has like 20 effects.
Well obviously then you haven't explored the power of CS4. But if you like PDN better than CS4, good for you. I like all the plugin variations too. ;)

deviantART | Paint.NET Gallery | bennettfrazier.com <-- (My new Website!)

Hello Paint.NETers!

I don't browse the forums at all but I am a Paint.NET user and while reading a community spotlight on creators.xna.com I noticed one of the tools the developers had used was Paint.NET!

Original article here.

Go through the questions and once you reach "What other tools/programs do you use to help you make your games?" you will find amazingness.

Edit by Rick: Looks like the link got lost somehow, so I fixed it using your first post.

• 2 weeks later...
Download Squad posted about v3.5 Beta 1 today. Awesome!

http://www.downloadsquad.com/2009/09/22/paint-net-3-5-beta-1-released-now-with-added-shiny/

This is surely going to bring in some attention ;)

Yeah, that is great. :D I updated it today, and now I am very happy! I like the new icons too ;)

deviantART | Paint.NET Gallery | bennettfrazier.com <-- (My new Website!)

PdN was a college project? :shock:

Check out the Wikipedia page on PdN. The information there is quire accurate.

PdN turned out to be on hell of a college project. :D

I haven't been able to find a suitable article to get rid of the silly "citation needed" that has appeared here:

Originally created as a Washington State University student project[citation needed]
. It annoys me somewhat.

And I found this article/post thing, not sure if its been reported or not: http://www.computerarticles.co.uk/paint-net-v3-5/

retrofont.jpg

Doh. Should have thought of that. :lol:

my entire high school's computers have paint.NET installed on them for your use.
So does my school, but they won't update to the beta (understandable), and they don't allow plugins to be added, for security or something. :x
retrofont.jpg