Sign in to follow this  
barkbark00

Paint.NET is getting noticed!

In issue 353 of Webuser magazine PDN was rated as the best free graphics program available in a comparison test with others such as Gimp etc. Great stuff !

My one concern in the review was that they never said where to find plugins and just said to search the net, instead of telling people that they should only be downloading from here. So I mentioned that on their forum and posted a link to the plugin section. Unfortunately not everyone who reads the article will visit the forum so will just go ahead and do as they say and search the net, possibly downloading plugins from other websites. A very serious omission I thought.

Anyway it was still nice to see our fave graphics program get a mention. :)

My university has got Paint.NET on EVERY of their computer (they have at least a few hundred of them). It's 2nd-3rd biggest uni in my country. So I think Paint.NET had been noticed pretty well :)

Edited by kaunas163

Paint.NET gets a shout-out in the latest Computerphile video!  Only 7 seconds in.  The video is complicated, but super useful for visualizing how image resizing works.

• Upvote 1

On a lotta forums I am registered on, When people ask, I always recommend Paint.NET.

(FWIW, I have the newer version on a W-7 machine but still prefer (3.5.??) on my W XP 64 bit machine)

-c-

• Like 1