Paint.NET is getting noticed!

barkbark00

WTH does "Free stuff has no value" mean?

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

It means he's an ignoramus who spits on the kindness of others. He takes full advantage of others' generosity, but would never dream of showing any in return.

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

Forumer does not have the power to put ads anywhere but the forum. The website is controlled by Rick.

xZYt6wl.png

Gee, that means all of us! Because our parents didn't pay for us, we're worthless. *sigh*

Gee, that means all of us! Because our parents didn't pay for us, we're worthless. *sigh*

My parents have been paying for me for 19 years.

xZYt6wl.png

• 2 weeks later...

I responded. Just in case it doesn't get approved:

Hidden Content:
Hello, Tim Long. First, an introduction: my name is Mike Ryan and I often consider myself an emerging web and logo designer. While that is not qualification enough to formulate a professional response to your article I hope that the fact I run and operate a website dedicated to the visual image of Paint.NET (http://www.spreadpaint.net) is enough to describe what makes Paint.NET special as a free program.

Fist of all, free software is for free people. Paint.NET is published as free and therefore as a free person you have the privilege of choice; you can either download and install the software or not. Regardless, it is you the user who has the responsibility to understand that the software required work, effort, and strength to create, publish and create a name for said software.

So, Paint.NET required the work and effort of Rick Brewster as well as the other members of the early development party. How much work? We can only imagine based on the quality of the product. In Paint.NET's defense, I strongly believe that the software is of high quality and that Rick Brewster consistently makes well informed, educated decisions about the continuation of development. And for that, I as a free person should be given the right to donate to him and / or to see the advertisements on the Paint.NET homepage. If I don't want to donate, I won't. If I don't want too see the ads, there's an AdBlocker for that.

But where free software like Paint.NET shines is that - because of the quality - it creates a community of highly diverse individuals. The Paint.NET community (http://paintdotnet.forumer.com) continues to exceed the expectations of many members. We, the community, always manage to push the envelope when it comes to new Paint.NET methods, tutorial publication, troubleshooting, plugin development, or in my case website creation.

The community creates value for Paint.NET. Rick Brewster provides the choice. You ask Rick Brewster to be honest if it is free or not, but that isn't his choice to make. Do YOU think the software is free or not? Do you believe it is worth a money value? A time value? A work value? If so, then the options are there: Donate, see the ads, write tutorials, provide troubleshooting, develop plugins, whatever. Either way, everybody wins.

- Mike Ryan

signature.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Lifehacker Pack 2010 - Our list of essential Windows downloads

http://lifehacker.com/5548767/lifehacker-pack-2010-our-list-of-essential-windows-downloads

"When you need to crop, cut, or otherwise edit an image, Windows' built-in Paint isn't quite enough, while a full-fledged Photoshop or GIMP installation is probably too much. Paint.NET is just about perfect for the graphic design needs of a non-graphic-designer."

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg