Paint.NET is getting noticed!

Good news, I noticed paint.net got a spot on pcpitstop earlier.

1# http://techtalk.pcpitstop.com/2009/01/2 ... -software/

Empty your mind. Be formless, shapeless, like water. Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle. You put it into a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow, or it can crash! Be water, my friend. (Bruce Lee)

with more to add to that, that site also linked to more Paint.NET trends if you didn't see here.

This has some graphs and charts analyzing Paint.NET, I am not sure how accurate it is, but hey... it is a graph made for Paint.NET :D

deviantART | Paint.NET Gallery | bennettfrazier.com <-- (My new Website!)

Hello, i would like to thank you for providing this editor for free, as i don't have the money currently, to spend on software.

I've included Paint.NET in my Web Designers Tools List, which you find in my sig, i gave it a longer review then Gimp as well, because currently it would seam that Gimp has several bugs in windows xp/vista. I've atleast found Paint.NET to be far easier to use, as well as more stable.

I'm currently working on a major redesign of my site, and i have several improvements planned to the Tutorials, Articles, and References. So this have the potiential to drive some attention to Paint.NET, as a really good alternative to Photoshop, and other editors.

Currently i havn't got many visitors, but according to my placement in SEs, which is still improving, i likely will get more rather quickly after the redesign, and when i've completed the HTML Reference.

I am the man without a signature.

Hello, i would like to thank you for providing this editor for free, as i don't have the money currently, to spend on software.

I've included Paint.NET in my Web Designers Tools List, which you find in my sig, i gave it a longer review then Gimp as well, because currently it would seam that Gimp has several bugs in windows xp/vista. I've atleast found Paint.NET to be far easier to use, as well as more stable.

I'm currently working on a major redesign of my site, and i have several improvements planned to the Tutorials, Articles, and References. So this have the potiential to drive some attention to Paint.NET, as a really good alternative to Photoshop, and other editors.

Currently i havn't got many visitors, but according to my placement in SEs, which is still improving, i likely will get more rather quickly after the redesign, and when i've completed the HTML Reference.

I am the man without a signature.

So my pal is totally into videogames (level design, that is), so he got me into Fallout 3, so I browsed the web for modding resources, which get me to the official wiki of the official mod editor, the Garden of Eden Creation Kit.

Paint.NET is cited in the Mod Tools section of the wiki, and even have its own page, which I think is totally cool!!!

One of the main features, in terms of modding for Fallout 3, is that it has built-in support for .dds files, the format for textures that the game uses. There's no need to install any additional .dds plugins as is needed for programs like Photoshop. It also loads very quickly, which makes it ideal for converting existing images in other formats to .dds files.

So thank you Rick, thank you Dean Ashton and all the folks for being so awesome !!

No. Way. I've just seen Bob. And... *poof!*—just like that—he disappears into the mist again. ~Helio

my paint program dissapeared suddenly (dunno why) and i was trying to look for paint program again. and i got to this website

Paint.net and i downloaded it and tried it out. thats how i discovered it. and its a great program, i prefer using this one

instead of photoshop (so darn hard to learn at first :? ) so keep it up guyz! sooner or later Paint.net will be used and recognized all over the world.

Aidzsig-1.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Samsung did a video to show how awesome their SSDs are...they hooked up 24 of them and loaded all of Office in half a second.

http://i.gizmodo.com/5166798/24-solid-s ... -5-seconds

So what does this have to do with Paint.NET...? One thing they do is open all of the programs in the start menu at once...guess who makes a guest appearance? ;)

Funny story: I was watching the video and thought I'd post the link on this forum. I clicked over, and then thought...oh, right, T_Lh's link was the one I clicked to get there. :-P

EDIT: Welcome back, by the way!

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

well im new to the forum, fairly new to PDN, but i love having a go at all the tutorials and stuff, its slowly expanding my knowledge of paint.net and im starting to have a go at editing the tutorials i have followed successfully, e.g. getting my name to fit with the background etc etc.

Id have given up long ago if everyone in the forums hadnt been so...friendly and clear with instructions and stuff, its great, and ive managed to get another 5 people to download PDN so cheers guys :D

A nice mention of Paint.NET in this two minute video interview posted today on Web Worker Daily:

http://webworkerdaily.com/2009/03/24/whats-your-favorite-web-app-wagner-james-au/

I'm not sure about the web app part but thought it was definitely worth sharing nonetheless. The post links to Paint.NET and the video is up on Vimeo as well.

Btw, I'm Michele. I have been perusing the forums and enjoying the plugins and tutorials for a little while now, but this is my first post. It is very nice to meet you!

♦ michele

Hi midi,welcome.....

This is my first post as well.

I've been following the Paint.net development for a number of year's,and I have to say it's been improving the entire time,great job.

I'm surprised that some large corporation hasn't approached the University to offer to purchase the product.....

It's happened in the past.

Open sourced projects got thrown out for a profit.

Nevertheless I'm happy that it's currently free to use,and the added benefit of the "CodeLab" capability to write plugins for Paint.net

is a nice feature indeed,I am reminded of PDW(formerly Project Dog Waffle)sharing that ability.

So much so that I donated for the work involved for the plugin editor/compiler nicely done($5.00).

Indeed Paint.net is gaining popularity,as I have experienced many whom reference the program across a wide assortment of forum area's.

And with the advent of many of the popular commercial brands on the market moving more towards a plugin environment,in which

the upgrades are plugins rather than feature overhauls,then Paint.net stays as a viable alternative to the big dollar

must roll out new versions every year to sustain,and or release complimentary softwares to oblige the needs of the abilities that their over priced

and over bloated software engulfs.

Now on a personal note I failed to understand Microsofts lack of continued development of their paint program included with every version of windows since 3.0,and each time they release a new OS,I keep waiting for them to blow the doors and wow user's when they find Paint.net standard on MS OS's....

Sure legalities could be the reason,but then again the OS is seperate from all other softwares that may be included,so I don't see a problem,does anyone else?

Just a thought!

Paint.NET is great.I was surfing hte net one day when i came across an Urdu website(iam form Pakistan by the way).and i found a link to Paint.NET and some description.i was surprised how a 3mb thing can compete photoshop.I was completely ignorant on photo editing and creation then.Thanks to Paint.NET i learnt a lot from it. :P

They say Change and we Need Piece