Sign in to follow this  
mountnman

C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\Staging\PaintDotNet_941185885.msi

when i try to updating to pdn 3.5.5, when i try to uninstall the old version, when i try to run the pdnrepair, i get the message that the instal program PaintDotNet_941185885.msi in not in the path C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\Staging\ and that i need to give it an alternate path to where it is located. i have run a search and looked manually but i cant find that file. i NEED to download the latest version and i cant without that file apparently. I have gone thru the stickies trying to find anything that would help, even repaired the framework program, no go-- so i am asking for help,

the only thing left that i know to do is use a program called Hijack This , that will delete ANYTHING from a computer, and then install the the latest pdn from scratch-- however i am very leary of Hijack This because it can, if used unwisely, cause all sorts of problems, and reformating a harddrive is the last thing i want to do-- but thats all i have got left-

Unless one of you nice people can help me out

Have you tried uninstalling Paint.NET using CCleaner, and then running CCleaner's registry analyse tool to clean out any uneeded registry values (don't worry, it will give you the option of backing your registry up incase something weird happens); and then re-installing?

Also, when did HijackThis have a disk-formatting tool?

(EDIT: Link to CCleaner - http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner )

HiJack this doesnt have a reformatting tool, but if you delete the wrong file youll need one- a friend found that out the hard way

thnx ego, im trying that now

i was fixijng to suggest that anybody who was willing and had that file email it to me, but this may be a no delay option-- ill let you know if it works

lmao - there are 8 files in there, none have msi at the end but they are all windows install files --thanks for trying to help, but im fed up with waiting- never did have any patience-- ill just be carefull with hijack-- used it before to take out a browser hijacker that wouldnt give up

well- i deleted the old version of PDN,, couldnt uninstall it with any program i tried(including CCleaner) kept refering to the non -existant file

i cleaned every trcae of PDN off with registry booster and ccleaner and then downloaded the 3.5.6 PDN but when i try to install, i get the same message, PaintDotNet_941185885.msi is not in the staging folder and please provide an alternate route-- IT CREATES a NEW PDN file with a NEW staging file and i STILL get this message--

anyway unless i figure something out ill be off PDN till christmas(iv already deleted the old version) when ill get a new comp... ill probably still hang around the forums---