Sign in to follow this  
artiomjar

Error 1603 fatal error during installation of paint.net (Error message is in russian language.)

When i install paint.net on this computer, an error message is said similar to the Picture 1 circled a message in setup wizard.

21_10.png

Picture 1

Even after deleting entry "Paint.NET 3.5.5" in windows installer clean up still says an error message during installing paint.net.

Please note that error message in Picture 1 is in russian language.

Please help????

Edited by artiomjar

First read this thread carefully: http://forums.getpai...uble-read-this/

Next, go to the link provided by Rick in post #8 of that thread (point #10) and see if what is explained there helps.

In thread fatal installation error 1603 Fix Contains solution with link to the windows installer clean up so you cannot solve your problem because in previous time i aleardy used windows installer clean up and cannot solve problem.

Urgent, Please help?

Please say what Operating System version you are using. (XP, Vista, etc.)

What OS Service Pack level is installed?

Are you fully current on Windows updates?

Have you run sfc /scannow ?

Please be sure to reboot your computer just before attempting to install Paint.NET again.

Please say what Operating System version you are using. (XP, Vista, etc.)

What OS Service Pack level is installed?

Are you fully current on Windows updates?

Have you run sfc /scannow ?

Please be sure to reboot your computer just before attempting to install Paint.NET again.

My os is Microsoft windows xp pro sp3

Windows update is fully current

I have not run sfc /scannow

In thread fatal installation error 1603 Fix Contains solution with link to the windows installer clean up so you cannot solve your problem because in previous time i aleardy used windows installer clean up and cannot solve problem.

No it doesn't. The link in the post I drew your attention to takes you to the thread where TrustedInstaller and SFC (System File Checker) are discussed. As you are now discussing SFC with Sarkut I'm assuming you didn't bother to read the whole thread.

I don't have the install cd with correct version of windows so please download iso file and then mount with daemon tools lite

This is your problem to sort out. This is not a technical support forum.

I changed value in SourcePath and ServicePackSourcePath located on the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Setup in your registry to drive f:\ and still same problem with sfc.

I copied from drive f:\ all files to d:\artiom\xpsetup, slipstreamed with windows xp sp3 setup exe application and changed value in ServicePackSourcePath and SourcePath stored in your registry to d:\artiom\xpsetup.

then sfc /scannow now works fine.

after using sfc /scannow - same problem with paint.net installation.

Please help getting better solution?

Edited by artiomjar

Has sfc /scannow been run from an elevated command prompt 3 to 4 times?

=======================================

Also, can you provide an English translation

of what is in the text box of the error message?

Edited by Sarkut

I dont pay attention to the post 15, i removed damaged wiaaut.dll file from c:\windows\system32 and paint.net installation problem is solved.

then paint.net setup will try to reinstall a fresh copy of wiaaut.dll system file.

paint.net setup now works fine.

Edited by artiomjar