Plugins

I just read about the plugin : random shape and fill.

I clicked on the download and saw a page the had 18 plugins listed..

I am under the impression that I am to download all of these 1st?

Am I missing something or am I to download them and then download the random shape and fill plugin?

Thanks in advance.

Art

If the plugin is in a pack, then download the zip file of the pack. once it is downloaded you can extract the files. Then you can choose which plugins to copy and paste into the effects folder. So yes, you download the pack, extract the files, and then choose which plugins to put into paint.net.

hope this helps!

Wait! No matter where you go, there you are!

We're all wise guys.

I just downloaded the 1st file.. and put all the dll in the effects folder.. (they were all dll) and looked at the list below,, and when I opened paint.net and clicked on effects... EVERYTHING was there ,, somewhere or another....Thank you.. I look forward to playing with it.

A side question,, I think this is the area that I would want to work on this... I have a ring,, call it a logo.. it has an outer ring that is black and an inner ring that is black , within the ring is text.. which is black also. At the moment the text is on a white background.. I would like to make the background silver or maybe gold.. how would I go about doing that? (or am I in the wrong area already?)

As usual,, this forum is more than helpful........ I thank you all....

Art

I'm going to assume that all of that is in the same layer. What I would do is:

in the color wheel window, choose the color you want, a grey for silver, or yellow for gold. or any other color you might want. then use the :PaintBucket: tool to fill the white area with the color. you might want to start using layers though. you can use the :MagicWandTool: tool to select the white area, create a new layer with :AddNewLayer: and fill the selection with the paint bucket tool. layers allow you to separate different parts of an artwork so you can edit certain aspects easier, or so you can use the blending options. if what you meant by the silver and gold colors was that you wanted something that looked like chrome silver or gold, then use the paint.net search, there are lots of tutorials for that.

hope this helps!

Wait! No matter where you go, there you are!

We're all wise guys.

• 3 weeks later...

Good morning to you all.

I have another question that kind of expands on the original one with the circle.. (I am going to try to play with the instructions above for this too)

But, what I have is a 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of paper that has like 4 different stripes that create a design on the paper.. they are now in grey scales.. (light and dark) Question is this.. can I make those stripes different colors? If so, how? I am going to try to add a sample sheet. Well, it looks like it attached........ You will see a lot of different stripes.. I would like to change some of them,, maybe all? Just wondering.

Thanks in advance

Art.

post-77887-128923790726_thumb.jpg

Edited by aparramoure