JulioCoolio's Gallery - Time Manipulation - 5/23/22

JulioCoolio

@JulioCoolio I think I will give you some critique.  I think a lot of effort went into the Desert Landscape, I think there is a need to make distinctions; for example, I was confused by the green, and I realized what you were trying to do.  Basing my comment on watching many of Bob Ross' painting, he would probably tell you to make your foreground object's color slightly dark and the background objects slightly lighter to create depth, and I think once you nail that, you will definitely take off.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

@lynxster4 Thank you, took a while to get it looking good, but glad you liked it!

@Seerose Thanks for your kind words as always.

@welshblue This definitely is new territory for me, and I’m glad you liked it.

@TrevorOutlaw Awesome, thank you for the critique! I’ll have to try that out and see if I can get that effect that you described. I knew I was missing something, and I think you helped me understand what it was.

New image on the first page, going back to my regular style for now, but I may try to deviate again later.

• Like 2

So sorry - I missed the Desert image .............. it looks very hot and deserty :lol: 

And Embedded Sunshine is just like glass, or, it could be a round carpet.  Anyway, I love it 🥰  Great piece!

• Like 1

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

Very nice @JulioCoolio!  :star:   It looks like a doily, frayed edges and all.

Keep up the good work!  :)

• Like 1

@welshblue When I made the image, I had the same thought that it looked Mayan or Incan. Thanks for your comment as usual.

@Pixey I never thought of it as a round carpet, but it does look kind of like that now that I look at it again with that in mind.

@lynxster4 My mom had a decorative doily in her room, so I can see how these designs look like that.

@LionsDragon Thanks for your comment and for stopping by.

@Seerose Thank you for your lovely comment as always.

New images on the first page.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

<3 @JulioCoolio!

Each picture is a very special experience.
Enchanting! I like it very much. 
Thank you for sharing your result! :cake: :coffee:

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

Gandhi

mae3426x.png

Emergence looks like the birth of a planet :)

Yes, the 2nd one is rather dark and hard to see.  I think if you had changed the layer mode to Additive, it would really show the lovely swirls inside of it.

Additive.png

30b8T8B.gif

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

Really like 'Death's Flower'...just perfect!  <3 :star:

'Emergence' is good, also...but I prefer the second one.  Great job!  :)

• Like 1

@Seerose Thank you for your comments as always, glad that I was able to make images that please your eyes.

@Pixey I like your brighter version of Death's Flower. I don't know if I considered making it brighter or not, but in the end I kept the darker image if I did. Thanks for the feedback.

@welshblue I'll have to try your suggestion with Screen and setting the opacity settings. I do like it how it is since I like to think of it as an image that portrays sorrow, but the suggestions to make it brighter may spark my want/need to revisit it in the future. Thanks for your suggestion and feedback as well.

@lynxster4 Thank you for your comments and feedback, I do appreciate it.

@LionsDragon I do agree, I love the color red, arguably my favorite color.

2 new images on the first page! Been a while, but hopefully you enjoy them.

• Like 3

'O Christmas Tree' perfect for the season!  

I'm really drawn in by 'Sandstone Patterns'. <3   I just want to stare at it all day.

Love your new works @JulioCoolio!  :rainbow: 😄

• Like 1

Oh - they are both delightful :) I love how you depict the tree and the balls and the lights in that style.  Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.  Hopefully 2020 will be great for everyone 😁

• Like 1

30b8T8B.gif

<3 @JulioCoolio!

I love your " O Christmas Tree". The colours are also optimal.

Thank you for sharing this with us! :cake: :coffee:

And Happy New Year hny14.gif

• Like 1

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

Gandhi

mae3426x.png

@lynxster4 Thank you for your praise, I do like how Sandstone Patterns turned out as well especially since I wanted the colors to be bright and vibrant like they are, but not blinding.

@Pixey The balls were the hardest part since I didn't really know too much of how to make them, but I'm glad it turned out well overall. Thanks for your comment.

@Drydareelin I did have to look on Google for the shape of the tree lights to make sure I had them right. I then double checked with the ones we had on our tree for the cable that they come with. Thanks for stopping by.

@Seerose Thank you for looking at my gallery and for the comment!

New image on the first page titled Desolation.

• Like 3

I agree with Welshy ^^.  The diagonal line makes the image.

For some reason this makes me think of The Lost City of Petra.  Great job @JulioCoolio!  :star:

• Like 1

@welshblue Thanks for your comment, the feeling of it being a desolate place was exactly what I was going for, so I'm glad that the shadow did the trick.

@lynxster4 I never thought of it looking like The Lost City of Petra, but after looking at it again, it kind of does! I think I drew most of my inspiration from this Cryoshell album cover.

Edited by JulioCoolio
  • Like 1

Nice image @JulioCoolio...it has a 'raw', hot look to it.  😄

On 4/5/2020 at 4:56 PM, TrevorOutlaw said:

Does your lightsaber cut through anything?  I am fascinated by how you could have constructed one.

'Molten Echoes' is the aftermath image.  :P

Edited by lynxster4
  • Like 1