Stone85's Gallery - New Abstract Sig

Stone85

• 2 weeks later...

Newest:

stone85blazersig-1.png?t=1295269550

Made from duplicating a stock like 5 times and smudging different areas (with jitter!!) and changing the opacity. Wow my sigs look wayy better when I'm making them on PDN then when I post them here lol. I should post a screen shot instead.

Thanks to Chrisco, who's tutorial I sort of followed on this one. This is probably the first stock sig I've made that doesn't suck. Now I can actually make half way decent stock sigs lol

Edited by Stone85

Really cool! Seems to have some great lighting.

Thanks! I tried to work on the vibe up top, something I picked up on another forum from a sig maker that I'm a big fan of.

Next SOTW we should try to make a sig out of a certain stock boltbait.smile.png Did we ever come up with anything for the next one?

Edited by Stone85

Definitely correct spelling now :lol:

Darlings, ya gotz ta get da text out a bit more...did you try a tiny white or black drop shadow on it? The um leaf should stand out a tiny bit more? Drop shadow a light green, just a bit?

Placement of the text is a bit better but it's dropping off the page. The texture of the text & colour is good.

Other than those points I think you did very well with this one. I very much like the center shape! It is good to see some larger images too.

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

Definitely correct spelling now boltbait.lol.png

Darlings, ya gotz ta get da text out a bit more...did you try a tiny white or black drop shadow on it? The um leaf should stand out a tiny bit more? Drop shadow a light green, just a bit?

Placement of the text is a bit better but it's dropping off the page. The texture of the text & colour is good.

Other than those points I think you did very well with this one. I very much like the center shape! It is good to see some larger images too.

Thanks!

I'll try to bring the text out a little more. What leaf? fugue.cookie.pngboltbait.pizza.png

I don't know what's up with that 'm' over to the side that looks like the beginning of a word, but it's just a stray.

Any other colors anyone would like to see this in? I personally like the green color.

Yeah I think the larger images are a lot more easy to work with than signatures. That is, until I go larger and have to work with huge wallpapers :sad::aagh:

Thanks!

I'll try to bring the text out a little more. What leaf? fugue.cookie.pngboltbait.pizza.png

I don't know what's up with that 'm' over to the side that looks like the beginning of a word, but it's just a stray.

Any other colors anyone would like to see this in? I personally like the green color.

Yeah I think the larger images are a lot more easy to work with than signatures. That is, until I go larger and have to work with huge wallpapers :sad::aagh:

Leaf, OMG I see a maple? leaf?

I like the green too.

Larger images are easier to work with, I think. You are doing great.

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

stone85sotw43sig.png?t=1295471919

That was my sig of the week entry. One of the stocks used in the background was of KiD CuDi's album cover, because he is awesome. The idea of the sig was to add images in it that represent what I like, sort of like a collage sig. For example, in the S and T, you can see the San Diego Chargers logo, the O and part of the N is KiD CuDi, and there may be a few other "hidden" images in it. ;)

Oh, and don't ask about the subtext. The main font was MOD, and the sub text was Kartika, which is awesome for subtext (when it's bigger and more normal looking, and bold)