Heat Stroke's gallery_+April 3 and update

Heat Stroke

thanks man! and i like your updated version! i hope you create a gallery, id like to see what other people think of your work!

Wait! No matter where you go, there you are!

We're all wise guys.

fantastic job on the glass ball Heat Stroke.. will have to try this again myself..you have upped the ante. on "orbs" =O

well done.

regards j.d.

thanks barbieq25, your tutorial definitely got the gears turning!

why thank you welshblue! electrons was actually for the space art of the week competition 'when worlds collide'. unfortunately i was too late, so i held on to it, forgot about it, and rediscovered and posted it.

J.D.: really?! :00: and that was my first try! please notify me when you make one, id like to see it! thanks!

i tried stone85's tutorial

roadwarrior_sig_1_0.png

roadwarrior_sig_2_0.png

i definitely failed

Edit 10-18-2010: new banner

BANNERresize.png

Edited by Heat Stroke

We're all wise guys.

The second signatur is better than the first. The colors there matchs the render more than in the first. This perspective banner looks very nice to me. Btw, perhaps you can write a tut for making abstracts, those works are just beautiful.

prototypen.png

@julio, yeah the second one is better in my opinion too, thanks man!

@barbieq25: Thanks! it was a split second sort of thing, i was doing something completely different, and then the idea hit me!

@cortez: I agree, and thank you! and i can honestly say that i forgot all about the abstract tut request. sorry! lifes been realy busy for me these past few weeks, all i really have time for is posting a few artworks that i forgot to earlier, vote on a few comps, comment on a few galleries, and help a few people out. Tutorials are not easy for me to write, i had my friend julio try out a tut i wrote for him on a planet and space scape picture. I guess it was a little confusing! but his attempt was actually pretty good!(you can see it on his blog). I will make an honest attempt to make an abstract tutorial, but it may take a while.

Edited by Heat Stroke

We're all wise guys.

I'm glad it looks real! as for the sigs, your advise is always welcome! ill try to shrink the text.

Tied for first with Sarkut and Possum Roadkill in the Photo manipulation competition #2!

th_RUN.png

I tried to follow Chrisco's advise:

roadwarrior_sig1_1.png

roadwarrior_sig2_1.png

random wood texture:

th_wood2.png

So it's probably clear to you all by now that i really like Mad Max. What you may not know (yet) is that I also really like the fast and furious series. Put those together and you'll find my true passion: cars!

Hell Drivers

th_hell_drivers.png

Edited by Heat Stroke

We're all wise guys.

Really nice sigs ! I really enjoyed your entry to the PMC. Very clever the way you used the old rusty ship.

SAC, WOTW and Photo Manip Competition Host

To visit the Comps click HERE

Thanks! I'm glad you liked the picture. I spent quite a bit of time on it. I try to think of things that no one else will think of, and still have it fit with the guidelines and theme. Unfortunately, with round 4 of the PMC, I didnt spend near as long on it as the landscape picture. Thanks for stopping by!

and, as usual, i forgot a picture:

the sig version (which was my main goal in the first place):

hell_drivers_sig.png

Edited by Heat Stroke

We're all wise guys.

Thanks barbieq, You probably can tell that i just downloaded the alpha-displacement plugin and was having some fun!

Well i am trying to come up with a tutorial, and this was supposed to be the specific outcome, but i didnt like it enough, so its back to the drawing board with that:

started with an apophysis render (which i did myself. I usually dont do start with these things (or even use them) but since i was lazy, i just used it. usually i just start from scratch in pdn.

th_101025-6.png

then:

th_redandgreen1.png

and lastly:

th_colorful.png

We're all wise guys.

Thanks Julio! Im glad you like it!

@barbieq: That is my favorite too. Its supposed to be a beginning, middle, end sorta thing. The last one is the finished product. Thank you!

@welsh: Thanks, but i cant help but think the wave is ruining it... oh, well, I tied for first with it so i guess its good! :D

I've found making tuts on abstracts are impossible ...

I agree. I just cant make anything worthy of the 'Tutorials+ - Publishing ONLY!'. I might post what i have in here, it really just turned out to be how i did the abstract flower. Everything is soo different that there really isnt one over all method. The entire method changes every time!!! If any of you want to see it, just ask and i might post it in here (if that is allowed...).

here is a possible outcome you can make with it. this is as close as i can get to something like the flower picture. (after i realized that a general tutorial would be impossible, i just made it for the flower picture):

th_try.png

then with a little tweaking:

th_trycolor.png

and another one:

th_try2.png

added some colors:

th_try2color.png

Here is one that I forgot:

th_try3.png

used alpha-displacement and added colors:

th_try3color.png

Edit 10-28-10:

I used Welshblue's great tutorial for this image:

th_metaltryflat.png

And I used Sarkut's also great tutorial for this image:

th_goldwithmetalize.png

And this was made using Welshblue's wood tutorial

th_woodballtutorial.png

Edit 10-29-10:

just a little manip of an album cover. I like to mess around with album covers when i am bored.

thunderdomeactofgodmetal2.png

I'm still tweaking my space scapes:

th_blur.png

Edited by Heat Stroke

We're all wise guys.

Ha, thanks!

and I forgot to post my entry for the lucky thirteen competition

I tied for first with barbieq25 and St1cki3

th_13competition.png

We're all wise guys.

yeah, I had some free time... B)

@welshblue: Its interesting, I did that one the same way as the others, except I inverted the colors (black and white) on one of the layers... Thanks for your praise, and I'm glad you like em!

@chrisco: I'm glad you like them too. Finally!!! A render/stock sig I did right! Thanks for the compliments ;) .

@Barbieq: I stole them from the Joker. ;):lol: Ok, so i'm not that great at telling jokes. A for effort?

I'm glad you liked that abstract, the story is told above. and I'm really glad you liked the entry. I've gotten 4 podium finishes out of 5 entries! not bad!

thanks to you all!

Edited by Heat Stroke

We're all wise guys.

great gallery updates Heat Stroke..really love the "wooden ball".. very tactile.. :D

regards j.d.