Most Recommended Plugins

SLH

I've been using Paint.net for over a year to basically improve photo quality. I just found out that there are plug ins. What are the most popular plugins...I would consider myself still a beginner.

I notice a download for megalo effects...is that something most people add?

Thanks for any info!!

Edited by SLH

Do NOT download the plugin pack you mentioned.

It is illegal and rips off the hard work of the plugin authors boltbait.sad.png. It also contains many out of date plugins which simply don't work with the latest release of Paint.Net boltbait.hmm.png.

Do yourself a favour and download the plugins you need from this forum. The best plugins/packs are pinned to the top of the Plugin Forum as BoltBait said.

Glad I inquired...why is megalo effects a link on the the paint.net home page horizontal nav bar? If I had not decided to join the forum...that would have been my first choice. I actually started to and then thought I'd wait to find out more about plug ins.

BoltBait does your plug in happen to have the ability to frame pictures?

I appreciate the quick responses!

Edited by SLH

Glad I inquired...why is megalo effects a link on the the paint.net home page horizontal nav bar?

Which page is that? I just don't see it. Are you sure you're at http://getpaint.net ?

BoltBait does your plug in happen to have the ability to frame pictures?

Nope. You'll need someone else's plugin pack for that. I do have Feather though. B)

The site that illegally redistirbutes plugins also offers a download of an older version of Paint.Net.

Be sure to use the link that BoltBait gave you and not Paint.Net.some-other-nasty-place.com.au

I have sent several emails to the crowd involved, with little success in having that website taken down.

Legal avenues are being followed up.