Making a Jewel

barbieq25

Welshy that is beautiful! Lovely background & I do love the dark ones best.

The pearl is great too! IS there a tute for that? I'll have to look...

The way you did the inner circle of gold is fantastic! It really is so 3D & gives the image depth. The shading/shadows is spot on.

Thank you too for your kind words.

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

• 3 weeks later...

love the tut- thanks a million

i know that my jewl is fairly basic, but it did teach me the techniques- which is the whole point right? you give me the technique and then i create and combine boltbait.big_smile.png

MYTIGERSEYE.png

link fixed

Edited by mountnman

spacesig.png

SARCASM- Just one of the many services I offer free to the public.

• 3 weeks later...

OMG A BarbieQ25 tut! I've always wondered how you made your gems, time to take a crack at this meself! :)

Edit: Here's my attempt: http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2010/343/e/3/jewelery_tutorial_outcome_by_kristopherc-d34k7dl.png

Edited by Kristopher

My dA

I might be willing to share my secrets, it'll just take a lot of persuasion ;)

Kristopher, pretty good crack at it. Gem needs a bit of work with the highlights is all.

D'oh that's what I forgot to do!

My dA

I might be willing to share my secrets, it'll just take a lot of persuasion ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I love this tut. BarbieQ25.

While I did things very differently, I applied some of your techniques which I will probably continue to utilise on other projects also.

Thanks...

V

Edited by ventor1
naturesig.png

Very nice jewel. It is a very different way of working what you did but the point of tutes is to be a jump-off for learning you certainly did that. I very much like the silver look - now you will have to write a tute on that :lol:

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

• 1 month later...

Barbieq25,I tried using this tut and have the gold mastered but can not make the jewel because I can't get the "Radial Blur Deluxe" or the "Zoom Blur Deluxe",the links won't open or save. Any suggestions? I do have the regular ones but not the deluxe's. I love all these jewel pictures and am dying to make them. I have only been using paint.net for a few months now and already amaze my friends with things I make. Every tut I have tried leads me to other things I can do by experimenting,lol,good thing I have a 750 gb hard drive,lol. Plus I have 6gb of memory so I see no problems making any of these in that respect. I do have to write the settings down though,atleast for a starting point,lol,getting old,memory not what it used to be,lol.

http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/21233-skullbonz-art-gallery

skullbonz - I am jealous - wish my system was that good! I got a 60GB hard drive with 2GB RAM on a 6 year old laptop that has to run external keyboard, mouse & monitor! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Back to the problem - the links work for me. Did you click on the one with the .DLL, (definitely don't use the source one)? I am running Google Chrome & it asks me if I want to save it on the bottom left side of the screen.

If this doesn't do the trick, there is a section on the plugins forum that gives some help/advice on installing/downleading plugins. If that fails, post it in the general questions, please.

I am looking forward to seeing you work :)

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

TY Barbieq25,I played with it and tried a few different options and came up with this for starters. How does it look? Lately I have been dressing up family pictures trying to use all paint.net effects,no images from the net,lol. I will show you a few of those soon. I have been experimenting with making custom frames and I kind of had that in my mind when I did this.

th_thebutton-a.jpg

TY Barbieq25,I played with it and tried a few different options and came up with this for starters. How does it look? Lately I have been dressing up family pictures trying to use all paint.net effects,no images from the net,lol. I will show you a few of those soon. I have been experimenting with making custom frames and I kind of had that in my mind when I did this.

th_thebutton-a.jpg

And this is my second try,I used a picture I took of fireworks to make the background and the jewel. Those dll links aren't working for me no matter what browser I use. When I click on them to extract and save,it asks me what program do I want to use to open it. None of the other plugins I have installed did this. Anyway I improvised and came up with this one,I also played with the settins a bit on the way,lol.

th_1.jpg

Great outcomes on both of them. I really like the frame!

You need to save the files you download to somewhere you can find them easily such as your desktop or create a file in MY DOCUMENTS & name it something like PDN Downloads. Then you need to extract the files to the PDN program & put them in the EFFECTS folder.

This link should help you

I hope this has helped.

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

Thanks Sarkut! It has been ages since I downloaded them. I am so glad you are here to point people in the right direction :cookie: :cookie: :cookie:

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

Thank you so much,after you both explained it that way I went and copy and pasted them and all is cool. Now let's see what I can make,lol,see ya in a few days,lol,,, ;)

I know what you mean Barbie,I do the same,lol,this program is so addicting,lol,I love it. I am having so much fun with it. Each tutorial that I use leads me to more ways of doing other fantastic things. Last night I was making this one specially for you and did not do the save option as I was making it thinking that I had plenty of ram and hard drive space. Well I didn't count on windows doing an update and bang in seconds I lost it all,lol. I learned the hard way to SAVE,SAVE,SAVE,lol. In this one I used the Barbecue font and "B" for Barbie just for you. Thank you so much for your help. B)

th_5.jpg

Skullbonz, I am honoured! What an amazing image you created from this tute. I love the goldwork & the chain is super. Such a great idea to use the fireworks & the jewel from it is just wonderful. I am pleased that your learnt something from this. I got a chuckle out of the font name too. :lol:

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

Hi,

New to the forums, but have been using PDN for awhile. This is the first tutorial I have tried and it was fun. The only thing I didnt do was the little twinkle. No idea how to do it, lol.

Here is my take. Used the Amercian Flag. Hope you like it!

Wicked

american.png