Making a Jewel

barbieq25

Edit your sig using Your Settings > Profile tab > Edit Signature.

If you want to include an image you'll need to upload it to a host and insert the link (just like in a post).

Thanks for help.will give it a go

me.png             

Very nicely done! I'd never have thought to use an image - now I got even more ideas running around in my head! Love the way you did the reflections too - superb!

Thanks for your encouraging comments.I have only gotten into paintnet recently and am just realising the possibilities are endless. I looked at your gallery I'm very impressed.sorry about the "mate" didn't realise you were female.lol cheers

me.png             

ipswichmanc, nice outcome, I hope if you post a PNG or JPG file type, GIF is not so clear, nice image though.

Thanks Barbieq25 for the tut, a lot of fun to do it.

Thanks Yellowman.I tried posting a jpg but It said the file was too big.Any advice?

me.png             

Thanks Yellowman.I tried posting a jpg but It said the file was too big.Any advice?

ipswichmanc,

The reason it said the file was too big is because of

total size limits imposed by the forum on attachments.

Save your image as PNG, then instead of posting it as an attachment,

upload it to an image hosting site like: http://imageshack.us/

Copy the Direct Link URL provided by the image hosting site,

and paste it in your forum post, using the Full Editor mode.

To make it a thumbnail, drag the mouse across the URL that you just pasted to highlight it,

and click: Other styles > Thumbnail

-----------------------------------

To post it as a non-thumbnail image:

Highlight the Direct Link URL, then click on the icon that looks like this: pictureimgicon.png

Edited by Sarkut

ipswichmanc,

The reason it said the file was too big is because of

total size limits imposed by the forum on attachments.

Save your image as PNG, then instead of posting it as an attachment,

upload it to an image hosting site like: http://imageshack.us/

Copy the Direct Link URL provided by the image hosting site,

and paste it in your forum post, using the Full Editor mode.

To make it a thumbnail, drag the mouse across the URL that you just pasted to highlight it,

and click: Other styles > Thumbnail

Thanks for your help,will give it a go.Is it free?

me.png             

If you save it as a .PNG (lossless quality) you can resize it to 800 x 600, which is what I do all the time when I work in a big canvas.

Hi,I've noticed when working on such a large canvas it really slows my computer down,do you have same problem? It got so bad over the weekend I even re-installed Paintnet because I thought it was playing up.Eventually got low virtual memory warning,and even when I increased memory still performing slow.Works fine on smaller canvas

me.png             

Yes, it's free unless you choose to pay for the premium version.

The free version works well for me.

Thanks for the info Sarkut.will try it on my next post.

well just tried it with sig.not sure if it worked

Edited by ipswichmanc

me.png             

Hi,I've noticed when working on such a large canvas it really slows my computer down,do you have same problem? It got so bad over the weekend I even re-installed Paintnet because I thought it was playing up.Eventually got low virtual memory warning,and even when I increased memory still performing slow.Works fine on smaller canvas

Yep, & that is why you need to save often - if it runs out of memory, it'll crash. I have a great set of crash logs but I do believe the results are worth it.

Welshblue is one of the few people that can create an image in default size & not have a jaggy in sight. Just look at the quality of his work!

Welshy, these are fantastic! I've made a detailed comment over on Fans but I just have to say again that there are so many wonderful elements in these jewels. Like portholes, shields & all the things I love, like rivets & blue & silver, lattice...to see these images because I got up 1.5 hours early on a Friday morning, has been worth it.

You've taken the tute & just tun with it. Fantastic! I love those blue jewels!

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

Cortez, I have problems with the highlights too. I think you did great! If we image the light coming from the top left (which is what the white on the gem suggests) then the shadow would be on the bottom right as the gold on the jewel shows. I love the background & the colours you chose too. You did a great job on the gold & this tute is a jump off point.

JulioCoolio, great background texture & fab colours for all of it. I really like the way you have done the reflection.

Thank you both for trying the tute & I hope it serves as a jump off point for further images.

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

Love the metallic effect. The jewel looks a bit confusing at first, but it too deserves credit (I'd say that can be solved by playing around with the shadows). ;)

Another awesome tut!

Space...The Final Frontier. -James Tiberius Kirk; circa 2260s

YLOD VICTIM