Editing

I still think the clone stamp will serve me best as what I do is more on the order of the sample that I posted when we first started,,the fill out form,, I tried this new scheme with that and it worked it a point.. but what happens is that the text that is on the same line will start to move. That is not what I need.

So, the clone thing is what I really think will help me tremendously..

I understand that someone would not want there email address out in the public,, but would you consider maybe opening like a yahoo or hot mail account so that I could attach what I am doing? It would be more direct and maybe faster? I know I am so close,, and I have the feeling that it is just a simple step that I am not doing.

Thanks again.. I would give anything to get proficient in this program ,,, I am printing out the help section little by little so I will have the "training manual" eventually..

I would love to get into copy/ paste. Metallic logos in the background,, endless possibilities....... I like your post with the pig and the fence... I tried that a little also......... but wasn't sucessfull........ kinda like learning how to ride a bike I guess....

Have a good week end,

Art

what happens is that the text that is on the same line will start to move.

The way to avoid that problem is to erase a little bit, duplicate layers,

move the bottom layer to fill the erased hole, then merge layers.

You now have one layer only, that has been partially edited.

Repeat the process as often as needed to get the job done.

So, do a little.

Merge layers.

Repeat.

===================================

Check PM re: email.

Using the Rectangle Select tool, as in your most recent example,

is a good idea. It can be used in conjunction with Clone Stamp

and makes Clone Stamping without adding a new layer less risky

in terms of possible errors.

Using a solid color chosen by Color Picker tool is okay

if you don't care about retaining the texture.

Here's an image with a new set of instructions that should help

with getting the Cloning to do what we have been trying for:

http://a.imageshack.us/img842/2672/cloneinstructions01.png

Open it in Paint.Net, the instructions are on the image.

Your last set of directions not only were GREAT and EASY... something I can share with you in case you did not already know..

I get a lot of documents and they are usually scanned.. Well, when I use your last method,, I erase the text I want to erase (like the date on the Yacht) but if I go a little farther, I get what is underneath.. for instance if they scanned a document and it ended up a little bit larger or smaller. what is under the layer that I am cloning (as I erase the date lets say) I uncover what is underneath.. so fat it has been the same document but a little smaller or a little larger.. Now I have only tried this method on scanned copies I have received via email....... So,, between this one you sent and the other one I put together,, I am doing what I want..

Again thanks for all the time you put into this.

Art

The trailing anchor point of the Clone Stamp will pick up

whatever it crosses over and that will be applied at the stamp point.

So, the anchor point and stamp points will need to be reset frequently.

All considered, if I had to do a lot of these documents I'd probably

opt for using some form of the "pig-and-fence" tutorial method.

Personal preference.

Whichever way gives the best result and feels most natural for you is the way to go.

If you were refering to the uncovering of layers underneath the one that you see when you look at the document.. I took one and used the clone method and uncovered the exact same document only moved over 2 inches.. and a little smaller in size..

But,, between the two methods,, I am getting my results.

Thanks again.

Next thing I would like to do is have a document opened in paint, and import a jpeg and adjust the size of it , and make it like watermark on the document.

Should I start another topic?

As an example,., the one we have just changed the date on.. on the top of the sheet is a logo,, in the middle of the sheet is that logo, enlarged and it is like a watermark,, that is what I would like to do..

I took the document that we have been working on (which is on beige colored paper so when I print it, I am using a lot of color from my ink cartridge) So, I made the background white,, everything is there BUT the watermark... how can I get a watermark of the top logo on the page and enlarged?

I am going to try to attach the "plain" sample ?

Thanks

Art

YACHT RAMSES from paint PERFECT WITHOUT ANYTHING JUST TEXT.pdf

Edited by aparramoure

Hello,

I have two questions........

I have resized it. When I go to change the opacity down,, the farther down I go , the more of the hash marks show.. not only within the boxed area of the logo, the complete sheet is hashed?

If I want to start a new project, and I want to start with a logo or jpeg, do I just open >the folder that has the jpeg>click on it and go from there?

Thanks again..

I have resized it. When I go to change the opacity down,, the farther down I go , the more of the hash marks show.. not only within the boxed area of the logo, the complete sheet is hashed?

It sounds like you have the wrong layer active.

Be sure the logo layer is highlighted in the Layers window

before opening Layer Properties to adjust the opacity.

If I want to start a new project, and I want to start with a logo or jpeg, do I just open >the folder that has the jpeg>click on it and go from there?

You can do that.

Or you can simply open Paint.NET, then use Layers > Import from File to bring the image in.

Edited by Sarkut

Morning sir,,,,

The problem is ,, how do I get the logo on the main sheet?

That whole thing I have not a clue..

The opacity thing I understand,, and I know the problem is keeping these layers straight,,,,,,,,,,,, what box is checked which layer is highlighted......... I guess I just keep practicing for that.

But I don't understand how you merge the two imported items. or say you have 5 logos you want on a document?

Thanks.........

I look forward to your reply.

Art

Well, I played a little,, 1st I clicked on the logo in the upper right corner and it was on the main screen,, I used the square and enclosed it, then Edit > Copy. Then clicked on the diploma and it became the main screen. then used the square to draw a square on the diploma.. then Edit>Paste and there it was. Sized it and moved it to where I wanted,, then played with the opacity and it worked.

So, I assume you can have many imported objects on one file that would be in the upper right hand corner that you could bring into the main screen (or say the main document that you want to create) ? Am I right with this thinking?

Another question ,, if I have a document and let's say it is like the 1st file I sent on pg. 1. is there a way to highlight the words in a line, save them,, go to another program and paste them.. come back and take out the words,(which I know how to do now) and paste in new words from another source document?

Regards,

Edited by aparramoure

So, I assume you can have many imported objects on one file that would be in the upper right hand corner that you could bring into the main screen (or say the main document that you want to create) ? Am I right with this thinking?

Yes.

Another way to bring images in is with Layers > Import From File... .

Another question ,, if I have a document and let's say it is like the 1st file I sent on pg. 1. is there a way to highlight the words in a line, save them,, go to another program and paste them.

No. Not as described here.

You can make a selection around the text image,

copy it and paste it into another program as an image.

paste in new words from another source document?

You can paste in image of words from another image file.

From a text file open in a word-processor program, highlight and copy.

It will paste into Paint.NET as text that is temporarily editable, as text,

if Paint.NET has the Text tool active with a blinking cursor.

Otherwise it will paste into Paint.NET as an image of the text.

Hello once again.

I am having a problem even cut and paste an image in paint, within layers? Or can I not do that?

The other thing,, i asked before but probably overlooked the question because of the focus on trying to get other things cone.. IS there an instruction manual available to purchase?

Art