Installation of Paint.net

The computer onto which I'd like to install Paint.NET is Microsoft Windows XP, Version 5.1 (Build 2600.xpsp_sp3_gdr.100427-1636: Service Pack 3). Although I have Service Pack 3, which is necessary in being able to install Paint.NET, it also says, "Paint.NET also depends on Microsoft's .NET Framework 3.5 SP1, which is automatically installed if it isn't already on the system."

My question is how do I know whether or not Microsoft's .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 is installed on my computer? And if it isn't and I decide to install Paint.NET and Microsoft's .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 is then automatically installed on my system, does it conflict with Service Pack 3 and/or write over it, or is is safe for me to proceed?

Thanks for your help.

My question is how do I know whether or not Microsoft's .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 is installed on my computer?

Start >> Control Panel >> Add/Remove Programs should show you which version(s) of Microsoft .NET Framework are installed.

My question is how do I know whether or not Microsoft's .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 is installed on my computer?

Easy. Try to install Paint.NET. If .NET 3.5 SP1 isn't around, it'll just go and install it for you.

... waits as you try it out ...

See, wasn't that easy? It did all the work for you :) (Computers are great at automating things!)

And no, there's no conflicts between XP SP3 and .NET 3.5 SP1. You shouldn't have any trouble there.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg