How's this for UI design - LOL

n d

True.. it would be kinda inconvenient.

is there no way the value of the indirectUI controls can be manipulated from within the code? Do I need to create a winforms interface for this?

Indirectly you can control them based on "rules" that create with the controls. The rules are rather limited, such as a min/max rule that keeps 1 slider above the value of another. It wouldn't make sense to have a "Minimum" setting higher than the "Maximum" setting. There is also a rule that lets you disable controls based on other values, but that's pretty much all I can think of right now.

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

Ok, taking another approach, how would I go about implementing a winforms interface on a paint.net plugin?

Is it a complicated task? I know how to design winforms applications, but I have no idea how to add them to a class library... or rather, I know how to add it, but how do I make it so that it replaces the indirectUI which is used by default by any codelab-generated code...?

ndeee2.png

These two plugins have their source code available:

As well as some of the ones in these plugin packs. Note that they are mostly IndirectUI, and you'll have to dig to find ones that aren't:

There's also a template that you can look at, though it's quite old and outdated and most certainly won't compile without modification (this is where I started):

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

I'd definitely start with the template boltbait.wink.png Read @Sepcot's instructions thoroughly and note where he says: "do NOT unzip the template".

If you want a little more help I'm happy to send you a copy of something I'm currently working on (in VS 2010 express).

I'd definitely start with the template boltbait.wink.png Read @Sepcot's instructions thoroughly and note where he says: "do NOT unzip the template".

If you want a little more help I'm happy to send you a copy of something I'm currently working on (in VS 2010 express).

That'd be great, please do :)

I also use vs2010 and seems most of the templates & sources pyro posted are for earlier versions... they don't always convert properly (like the blendmodes plus source.)

ndeee2.png

• 5 years later...