Workspace view of image thumbnails like paint shop pro?

I've been using a rusty old copy of paintshop pro 7 for many years now. A feature it has that I really need is file/workspace. It opens a view of a folder showing all images as thumbnails. You can adjust the size of the thumbnails, sort by whatever. If you doubleclick a thumbnail it opens the image to be edited. On the left side is a treeview of your drives and folders. Without something like this in paint.net, I will never settle on it as my primary image tool. I searched here and didn't find anything like this kind of feature...frankly it seems like a pretty basic feature. Picasa has something like this too - the library view shows images as thumbnails, and it's easy to open the image from there. Is this already in paint.net, and I just can't find it?

You can associate paint.net with all your image file types, then set up your folder settings of the folder where you have your images to show them as thumbnails. Then you can simply doubleclick the image you want to edit and it should be automatically opened in paint.net.

ndeee2.png

Yes, but that's not as handy as having paint.net provide the functionality. I can tell you it's one of the primary features that I really rely on with both paintshop pro and picasa.

I take it there is no add on for this functionality either?

Thanks

How does the feature you describe differ from Windows 7's native "explorer" feature?

When I File->Open in PDN, I can adjust the size of the displayed thumbnail (or, choose "details" displays). It remembers this setting from one session to another. And, it has a tree view on the left.

I'm using Win 7's "Classic" theme. Not the "aeroglass" them. I don't know if that may effect what I'm seeing. I've forgotten if I changed any other settings. But, I'm definitely seeing what it sounds like you describe.

You've already got this feature.

Just open up an Explorer window and set it to thumbnail view. Drag 'n drop images over to Paint.NET. In fact, in Win7 you can snap an Explorer window to the left and a Paint.NET window to the right, then you don't have to switch back and forth between the two.

There is no reason why every possible utility or functionality related to images should be "integrated" into Paint.NET.

And no, I'm not adding an e-mail or IRC client either.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg