Lighten/Darken crashes PDN

SpinDragun

ok guys here's my issue, i recently installed the effects pack (w/ like every effect) and i realized today that the Lighten and Darken tool in the Adjustment tab both cause PDN to crash. i did have a bunch of effects installed before i did the mega pack so i kno it was something new. i also installed the file pack as well, but i'd doubt that's the cause of it.

does anyone kno what i shoud eliminate in order for those 2 to work again? it seems that they were the only things effected.

and i did reinstall both PDN and the effect and neither worked. i also tried running it as admin, nothing still.

You need to delete all of the plugin files that you installed from the giant pack.

Delete all of the filetype plugin files that you got from the same place, also.

Use only plugin files that you access through these forums.

http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/forum/7-plugins-publishing-only/

======================================================================

The plugin packs that you have used contain out-of-date files that cause problems.

Edited by Sarkut

The plugin packs that you have used contain out-of-date files that cause problems.

It's also illegal.

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

thanx for the advice guys. i went back and deleted all my effects and file types (the only extra one from there i used was the PSD). but now i have like no effects or adjustments so a quick question: is there an "original plugins pack" or would i have to just uninstall and reinstall PDN for those plugins?

Edited by SpinDragun

Click on the link in my previous post.

It will take you to the Plugin forum, where you can download

all available plugins in their most up-to-date form.

No need to uninstall/re-install Paint.NET.

ok guys here's my issue, i recently installed the effects pack (w/ like every effect) and i realized today that the Lighten and Darken tool in the Adjustment tab both cause PDN to crash.

I created "Lighten" and "Darken" adjustments a long time ago. They were pretty useless and are no longer maintained and not included in the latest version of my plugins. If you install the latest version, it should automatically remove them.

As pyrochild said, the plugin pack is illegal. I never gave permission to redistribute my plugins.

Can you provide a link to the pack?

Please DON'T post the link here - use a Private Message (PM) boltbait.wink.png

If it's the one we usually see around here, you can't post the link anyway. I blocked it in the language filter :P

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!