How would I get this effect?

Easily.

Find a really dirty background, and photo flood fill it over the image on a new layer and change the blending mode.

Find a rust-like one on http://www.grsites.com/textures , or another thing to do, since these cannot be made on Paint.NET, go to http://www.good-tutorials.com search for textures, and steal the final result, and use that.

That looks like it was done using color burn or linear burn in photoshop.

If you need help, I will be on later on today on MSN, I will help you out.

ravennm3.png

BuzzKill, Love the Sig! The fog is cool. One thing though, you can see where the fog is repeating. I don't know if you did that in PDN, but if you want, try pulling the fog into another PDN file and the doubling the canvas width, then just duplicate your fog layer and Hfilp the dupe. This way it will be a continuos loop...

Take responsibility for your own intelligence. 😉 -Rick Brewster

barkbark00, I know the break in the animation is noticeable. Does it diminish the effect?... I don't think it does. Besides, it's an old sig I made a long time ago and it will only be displayed for today, the 13th.

BK_BloodSaw_sig.png

- DO NOT contact me asking for the .pdn of my avatar or the PDN logo. Thank you. Have a nice day.

barkbark00, I know the break in the animation is noticeable. Does it diminish the effect?... I don't think it does. Besides, it's an old sig I made a long time ago and it will only be displayed for today, the 13th.
honestly i think the Idea is REALLY good and it would take a lot to diminish it. good work(even if it is old)

Take responsibility for your own intelligence. 😉 -Rick Brewster