Ragged edge plugin?

GrigoreDolghin

Hi, everyone. I am creating documentation for a piece of software I've written. In this documentation I need to show reports listings (they are included as images in resulting .DOC file). The problem I have is I would need a plugin that creates ragged bottom edge to suggest the listing is longer but the paper was just torn apart.

I am currently doing it by hand by free selecting the bottom area of image and deleting the selection, but I am pretty sure there is a plugin somewhere that does that automatically.

I searched the forums and found an Image that looks pretty similar with what I need. I hope the tutorial creator will forgive me for using his image as sample:

thecardboardImadeusingthismethod.png

I am talking about the left edge of the "upper" layer. Is there any plugin that "cuts" the edge in that way?

Thank you guys.

I don't there is, just the lasso tool like you're using then the Drop-Shadow one for the depth

Right - that's what I'm doing now. I was hoping there is a plugin though. Any clue about some other software that can do that?

From what I saw in other programs, you could select one of the already-made ragged bitmaps (they were black), then instruct the plugin on which edge to apply it. Alternatively, maybe the plugin could load the mask bitmap from disk.

That's easy to say. I have about 400 screenshots to manage, and I wanted all of them to have the same look and feel. When building software documentation there is no "soul". ;)

Anyway, I got the idea - there is no such thing. Thank you all.

Maybe this will work:

Make several mostly transparent templates, like the image on the left.

Store them in a special .pdn file that you keep open while working on the other image files.

Tab over and copy a layer from the template pdn file,

switch back and paste into a new layer above your image for the document.

Giving a result like the right half of this picture.

http://a.imageshack.us/img217/558/17259840.png

Regards,

S.S. :)