Suddenly Cannot Type Text

I was typing text when suddenly a little "nub" appeared instead of the flashing line that is usually there when text is being typed. It is now as if "Text" is locked and I cannot unlock it. How can I get rid of the nub and get bck to typing?

You must have inadvertently kit some keyboard combination to bring up the line tool, if I'm understanding you right. Unfortunately, you will have to retype your text. You could download and install Simon Brown's Re-editable Text plug-in to avoid this kind of problem in the future.

Officially retired from this forum. Have a nice day.

How can I get rid of the nub and get back to typing?

Press Esc on the keyboard.

Click the Text tool icon in the Tools window.

Click on the canvas where you want to start typing again.

=========================================

If one isn't using Simon Brown's plugin, then ordinarily,

text is editable only as image (pixels) once it has been finalized.

You must have inadvertently kit some keyboard combination to bring up the line tool, if I'm understanding you right. Unfortunately, you will have to retype your text. You could download and install Simon Brown's Re-editable Text plug-in to avoid this kind of problem in the future.

Lance, I cannot re-type the text when that happens. No matter what I have done the program would not allow me to type when that little "Nub" was acive. And, that is my question, how do I remove that nub and get back to being able to type?

Press Esc on the keyboard.

Click the Text tool icon in the Tools window.

Click on the canvas where you want to start typing again.

=========================================

If one isn't using Simon Brown's plugin, then ordinarily,

text is editable only as image (pixels) once it has been finalized.

Sarkut,

Thank you very much!

Sarkut,

Thank you very much!

Sarkut,

I am having the same problem today, and hitting th Esc key and ten cliking on the text tool again is not working. When I tap Esc the "nub" disapperas. Then I tap on the Text Tool.When I begin to type the nub reappears.

I wonder if you are you mistaking the "nub" for the text positioning icon?

It appears in the bottom right hand corner of the text area when you're using the text tool. It's used to move the text around on the layer. It's the white box with four arrows in this image:

http://www.getpaint.net/doc/latest/en/Images/TextTool_using.png

I am having the same trouble. I have the text positioning nub blinking but no text cursor. I type and the nub moves like type is going in there, but no type is visible. I checked to make sure the color of the text would be visible (black on white background). I'm thinking the text cursor needs to be there?? How do I get the text cursor to be there??

Press Esc to be sure that no selection is active.

Look in the Layers window to be sure that you are

working on the correct layer and the layer is visible.

Thank you - it seems there was something selected somewhere. Once I figured that out, I was able to add type.