SAC # 5 Discussion Thread

Possum Roadkill

SACLogo.png

Space Art Competition #4

POLL IS UP ! VOTE NOW ! POLL ENDS TUESDAY AUG. 3RD AT 8:00 P.M.

MAJOR CHANGE TO THIS COMP ! READ THE RULES !

THEME IS: Ring Planets

SAC Comp Rules: All submissions must be created in Paint.net with the exception of renders and stock photos when allowed.

When they are allowed, obviously you cannot use the stocks or renders as your entire submission, so the majority of your image should be created in Paint.net.

When Theme Rules allow, you must post a link to any stocks, renders, images or parts of images you did not create in Paint.net,

i.e. fractals created in a fractal generator program or textures created in another program of any kind.

All images must be submitted to me in a PM.

Do no post your image in this thread !

Do not post your images in your gallery or any other gallery until this comp is over !

I will post your image in the poll, that is the only time your image should be seen before the voting begins.

Do not sign your image or put any kind of identifiable marker or logo in your image that people will link to you.

You may post your image on any other website where you are a member

(i.e. Deviant Art, PdN Fans Forum, Facebook or any other forum or website, just not on this website until the comp has concluded.

Minimum size is 800 X 600. There is no Maximum Size.

NO PLACEHOLDERS! Do not send an entry until it is a finished product. NO WIPS (works in progress) !

No images previously submitted will be allowed.

I reserve the right to add to the rules as people do things to annoy me. (See special rule # 5.)

THEME IS: Ring Planets

Theme rules: You are to make an image depicting a ringed planet like Saturn.

NO STOCKS OR RENDERS ! You may however, use another program to create parts of your image

i.e. Apophysis, Gimp, Incendia, Photoshop, etc.

The majority of your image should be made in Paint.net. The use of other programs should be limited to the creation of textures and minor elements of your image.

(Remember, Possum’s have a sixth sense about things like this, do don’t make me hunt you down.

So with that in mind, special rule #5 is in effect for this competition ).

This thread is for DISCUSSION only ! If you want to ENTER this comp, please READ THE ABOVE RULES.

The Entry period for this competition run through Saturday evening (July31st, 2010) at 9:00 p.m., Eastern Daylight Savings Time. All ENTRIES submitted up to that time will be accepted

Edited by Possum Roadkill

SAC, WOTW and Photo Manip Competition Host

To visit the Comps click HERE

entry #2 is (ok...most likely) winning this :3 I'm not even going to bother with this competition lol

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

• 2 weeks later...

POLL IS UP ! VOTE NOW ! POLL ENDS TUESDAY AUG. 3RD AT 8:00 P.M.

Winners are....

Yellowman Winner with 13 votes, Falken 2nd Place with 10 votes, Hexratt 3rd Place with 8 votes

Edited by Possum Roadkill

I didn't even enter and came to 2nd place! Now THAT is awesome.

No, seriously, what the hell?

Sorry, I got the images and people mixed up. I'll fix it.

I would like to publicly apologize to Falken for mixing up the names on the entries post. I'm really sorry and feel terrible about it. It was an honest mistake with no malicious intent. Again, I am very, very sorry for the mistake and I hope you will not hold it against me and will continue to enter the SAC.

Congrats Yellowman, and Hexratt, those temple things are a nice idea ;)

falkengasgiant.png

100% Paint.net

"I'm the evil fairy witch. Since I'm so evil, I'm locking this pointless thread" -Pyrochild

Well done Yellowman! Congratulations on a fine image!

Falken, well done!

Hexratt, well done too.

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012