png background and windows clipboard

carrera7

maybe a noob question.

I have a png image that the user can copy programmatically to the clipboard in Windows (this is a wpf client application). When the user pastes this image somewhere else, the background is black.

I had converted this image from ico to png using paint.net. I understand this happens because the background layer is transparent. One way would be to set the background layer to white.

I can't work out how to do this.

Some png images don't have this problem and I examined them but I can't see the differences

For some reason or another, the Windows clipboard only supports the alpha channel with the BMP file format. The easiest way to deal with it is paste your image into a temporary folder and then Layers -> Import from File.

signature.png

For some reason or another, the Windows clipboard only supports the alpha channel with the BMP file format. The easiest way to deal with it is paste your image into a temporary folder and then Layers -> Import from File.

ah thanks it worked!