Creating an Image Map - How-to, please.

hi all,

first and foremost - a HUGE thank you for paint.net and to all the members of the forums.

i have recently discovered how great paint.net is and have learned a few things from reading around here in the forums.

**ive recently come across this tutorial for creating an image map.

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/create-image-map-paintnet/

i was able to install the plug-ins and seem to be able to accomplish the procedure in the guide BUT im still kinda lost :(

- i dont know what format am i supposed to save the image in?

- i dont know what format to save the text document in?

- and lastly, are there any tips / tricks that would allow to upload the finished product.

i dont have my own website but rather - thought about sharing it via forum posts, dropbox, etc.,

- how can i enjoy the finished product?

thanks all, in advance.

Edited by pinta

The format of the image is not important - anything that web browsers support (*.gif, *.jpg, *.png etc...,).

The text file needs to be saves as (x)html.

If you don't have a website to upload to, then you're restricted to applications that support HTML (like your email client).

Really this is a website/web browser technique. What are you trying to accomplish with it?

Really this is a website/web browser technique. What are you trying to accomplish with it?

I can't speak for Pinta, but I would believe he may just be experimenting and wanting to see how successful he was in his first try at something like this.

thanks so much for chiming in guys, especially yourself EER. have sen how much youve contributed here in the forums and i gotta say a lot of the suggestions / solutions you offer blow me away.

basically just wanted to have some fun with it and more than anything .....

have a more creative way of sharing links. (links to my favorite sites, other pictures, downloads, guides, etc.,etc....)

have also been playing around with the idea of starting a blog or maybe even site. just not too sure though.

i recently picked up a software at GOTD (i think it was this one) but i havent done much with it yet. im still trying to find out if and how i can pull it all off for free LOL :). have seen it mentioned that theres a trick / way that one can host a site on dropbox. so maybe when i learn more about that i can give it a shot. ???idk LOL

but anyways in a nutshell : basically just wanted to have some fun with it and more than anything .....

have a more creative way of sharing links. (links to my favorite sites, other pictures, downloads, guides, etc.,etc....)

thanks again for chiming in guys.

EER, thaks a bunch for that - i think i might be getting a little closer to understanding. i hope :! head started hurting though while reading through it. (seriously, i get bad headaches) i will pick it up again tomorrow. cant wait to read it all through