WOTW # 22 Discussion Thread

Possum Roadkill

WOTW # 22 Theme is Sunsets.

Winner is Pdnnoob ! See below for complete results !

Poll ends on Tuesday night 8:00 p.m. Eastern Daylight Savings Time.

WOTW Comp Rules: All submissions must be created in Paint.net with the exception of renders and stock photos when allowed.

All images must be submitted as a thumbnail link to the full size image. DO NOT POST FULL SIZE IMAGES!

Minimum size is 800 X 600. There is no maximum size, but keep in mind that people will want to look at your image

and if it takes too long to load, they may not look at it.

When Theme Rules allow, you must post a link to any stocks, renders, images or parts of images

you did not create in Paint.net, i.e. fractals created in a fractal generator program.

NO PLACEHOLDERS Do not post an entry until it is a finished product. NO WIPS !

Obviously you cannot use the stocks or renders as your entire submission, so the majority of your image should be

created in Paint.net. As stated in the WOTW rules, you must provide a link to any and all stocks or renders used.

Special rule # 5. Do not anger the Possum.

WOTW # 22 Sunsets. - Theme Rules. Please read this !

Theme is "Sunsets"

You are to make an image of a sunset in a cityscape, landscape, seascape or wherever you want but it MUST be made completely in Paint.net.

NO STOCK IMAGES !

You also CANNOT USE THE WATER REFLECTION PLUGIN.

You can add lettering, explosions, animals or any other elements or effects you want.

DO NOT Post your entries in this thread. PM your entries to me and I will post them as they come in.

Entry period for this competition will run through 8:00 p.m. Friday evening (July 23rd 2010), U.S. Eastern Daylight Savings Time.

All submissions entered up to this time will be allowed.

If you have any questions, post them in this thread or PM Possum Roadkill. I would be happy to help anyone interested.

Edited by Possum Roadkill

SAC, WOTW and Photo Manip Competition Host

To visit the Comps click HERE

We have some really beautiful entries so far ! Take a look, make your own, and enter it !

Definitely voting for #6. And if I didn't like space scenes better, that would definitely be my desktop background for at least a week O.O Nice work, whoever made that!

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

Poll is up ! Vote for your 3 favorite sunsets ! Poll ends on Tuesday night 8:00 p.m. Eastern Daylight Savings Time.

One entry was withdrawn by request.

o wow...4 way tie for first atm...looks like you need to leave the poll open for a bit longer XD

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

o wow...4 way tie for first atm...looks like you need to leave the poll open for a bit longer XD

Yeah, I was thinking about that. I'll look at my schedule and see, but I think I can push it back a day.

:roll: Wasn't easy to find the link to the thread to vote, got it by Search function, I am late, I am every time late. =O

You're not late, poll closes in a little less than an hour (if I don't extend it). The comp poll is where it always is. It does look like I forgot to link back to it from this thread.

EDIT: I don't think I need to extend it. There is only one tie right now for 3rd place.

I will post the results here because the thread will automatically lock when the time expires.

Edited by Possum Roadkill

OK ! This poll is a wrap !

Pdnnoob, you have won again, congratulations, and now get to choose the next theme and make the next comp's banner.

Congratulations to the winners and much thanks to all entrants. I think this is the most beautiful group of entries I've seen in one competition. Well done by all!

I'll be sending the winners a very special new award. See the Special Discussion for more information !

Thanks everyone !

pdnnoob, well done! Congratulations!

Such a great theme & each of the entries were stunning. I had such a hard time deciding.

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

Oh wow...I totally expected welshy's entry to win. It was absolutely beautiful! Thanks everyone! That was a very close competition. Hopefully I'll be back soon with the new comp theme and banner. Until then, happy photo editing!

welldone PDNnoob.

all good entries..getting harder to choose a winner these days :/

regards j.d.