Working with free hand images

Hi,

I work a lot with free hand drawings. They are drawn in black and white, basically black lines on white paper.

I scan them with 300 dpi and then work on them in Paint.net. The one thing I cannot figure out is how to make the outlines a full line. A lot of times, the line will be patchy despite the 300 dpi.

Am I missing something obvious or is the only way to do it to try and "redraw" it using paintbrsuh tool?

Thanks, Ivona

Banner.jpg

I don't have my flash with me so this it the best example I can manage right now. See how the bottom lines under the "flowers" are going in and out? True, this is a reduced image but the original has the same effect.

I will post a black and white example tonight

Thanks

If you're having trouble releasing your drawing from the background , then Isolate Lineart might be worth a look. Another plugin that works in much the same way is Black and Alpha+.

Once you have the lines on their own layer it should be easier to work with them.

Sorry for not posting sooner, things have been hectic. In playing with my scan settings a little more, I figured out how to sharpen the lines additionaly..... they still need corrections in Paint but not as much.... lot of eraser and brush tools on a new layer :) thanks everyone