copy paste with alpha

Okay i'm newbie so i think i'm in the good section but i can't even find this tiny information on the amount of information we got here...

Well when i ctrl C a selection in a picture with a alpha background then paste it on antoher picture with alpha background too paint.net add me a white background on my pasted selection...

How can we copy paste the alpha channel ? -_- or is there a really simple to use program wich manage the alpha channel easily ? ...

So you can copy and paste alpha? Never thought of that before. I'm gonna' test it. I just defraged my system and cleaned up my desktop, so PDN should load quicker now.

Space...The Final Frontier. -James Tiberius Kirk; circa 2260s

YLOD VICTIM

Due to problems with Windows Clipboard it is "normal"

for alpha to paste as white occasionally.

It sounds like you're saying that this happens every time for you.

If Paint.NET has shown this type of pasting alpha as white

every time since you first installed Paint.NET, then running

PdnRepair.exe may help.

Program Files/Paint.NET/PdnRepair.exe

Edited by Sarkut

The Tutorials forums are for tutorial publishing; moved to General Discussion & Questions

Where are you copying the picture from? If it's from a browser, alpha is problematic. You'll have to save the picture to your computer and open it instead of copy-pasting.

You are!

Nope! Read forum rules and even the title of the forums (Publishing ONLY!)

BTW: use SEARCH of the forum or PDN-SEARCH!

You need to review the rules as well. No biting.

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

Due to problems with Windows Clipboard it is "normal"

for alpha to paste as white occasionally.

It sounds like you're saying that this happens every time for you.

If Paint.NET has shown this type of pasting alpha as white

every time since you first installed Paint.NET, then running

PdnRepair.exe may help.

Program Files/Paint.NET/PdnRepair.exe

Ok I tryied again and again sometimes and yes it seems working from time to time. I'll make make a shortcut of PdnRepair.exe thanks

The Tutorials forums are for tutorial publishing; moved to General Discussion & Questions

Where are you copying the picture from? If it's from a browser, alpha is problematic. You'll have to save the picture to your computer and open it instead of copy-pasting.

You need to review the rules as well. No biting.

The operation is from Paint.Net to a new document Paint.Net (manipulation : select, ctrl C, Ctrl N, Ok, Ctrl A, Suppr (cause white background), Ctrl V then extra white background appears.

Sorry for wrong post my english is not very well so i didn't want losing time in reading rulez. My apologizes for the incovenience. Also I take time to read noobiest guides but with ctrl F on the alpha word i didn't find anything really interresting.

Edit -> Paste into New Layer

Thanks this worked directly for paste into new picture too. But idk if it's chance or not cause i have the problem from times to times now :s

You are!

Yeah I AM, however i know how to search on forums and i only find things about advance uses of the program wich are not the interest i am looking for cause i told you i'm a newbie.

Edited by Draf

I think the problem you are having is only with pasting .PNG image files. For some reason or another, the Windows clipboard only supports the alpha channel with the BMP file format. The easiest way to deal with it is paste your image into a temporary folder and then Layers -> Import from File.

signature.png