Feature Request

Searched "minimize child windows" and no results were found.

Feature Request: The ability to minimize the child windows.

Is this something that could be implemented fairly easily? Being able to minimize any window, rather it be the four main child windows, plugin UI's, or any other dialogs that open up inside PDN would be a very nice feature. The ability to minimize them in-place would be even better.

Thank you for your time, Rick.

BK_BloodSaw_sig.png

- DO NOT contact me asking for the .pdn of my avatar or the PDN logo. Thank you. Have a nice day.

Minimizing modal dialogs like plugin config dialogs would just cause confusion, since you need to finish what you're doing with it before you can do anything else in the program anyway. People would think Paint.NET froze, when really they just minimized a modal dialog.

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

Every time you open an adjustment dialog or an effects dialog, the dialog opens up in the center of the main PDN window, covering the center of the project you're working on. Since any input you make in a dialog makes changes to your project in real time, you don't have a clear perspective on how you just affected your project until you either close out the dialog by clicking 'OK' or dragging the dialog out of the way.

In most cases, you're going to "tinker" with the inputs so that you get the exact effect or adjustment you're looking for before you click 'OK', and the only way to get a clear view of how the adjustment or effect just affected your work is by dragging the window out of the way. A good majority of dialogs are quite massive and dragging them around the screen in order to see your work behind them can be a pain and time consuming.

I don't know, it may just be me, but being able to minimize a dialog instead of dragging it out of the way to see how your project is affected by the inputs from that dialog seems like a good idea.

Examples below. Thank you for your time.

windowintheway.jpg

windowminimized.jpg

BK_BloodSaw_sig.png

- DO NOT contact me asking for the .pdn of my avatar or the PDN logo. Thank you. Have a nice day.