The theme is: Animal's Skin!

Hosted by: Chrisco97

WINNER IS WELSHBLUE!

th_croc.jpg

Hidden Content:
Animal's Skin

Chosen by yellowman

--------------------------------------------------------------

For this week's theme, yellowman has chosen an all-new awesome theme: Animal's Skin!

As you probaby guessed, you are to make a texture similar to an animal's skin texture. It could be a leopard, tiger, lion, or even a zebra! Here is an example from DeviantART, featuring many examples: 32 animal texture brushes

As always, no stocks or renders can be used. However, you can use brushes, as long as they are not object brushes. (I.E. Cat or Building) And you must show your starting texture, then you can make something out of it.

Deadline for this competition: June 25th at 23:59 (11:59)(EST)

---------------------------------------------------------------

Texture of the Week Rules!

If your entry breaks any of these rules, it will be disqualified.

--------------------------------------------------------------

• The maximum size for your image is 800x600. If it is bigger, post a thumb or link instead of the full sized image.
  • Texture must follow the set theme.
  • Only one entry per person and no modifications to your image are allowed after submitting your entry.
  • No renders or stocks are allowed.
  • You may use brushes, as long as they are not object brushes. (I.E. Cat or Building)
  • You are allowed only ONE post in this thread. This post should include your entry. Placeholders are not permitted.
  • When submitting your entry, do not submit one you have made before this competition.
  • The winner of the current Texture of the Week gets to choose the theme for the next one!

-------------------------------------------------------------

This thread is for posting your entries only!

Which means you can not have conversation here.

If you wish to talk about the competition, or one of the entries, you can do so here.

If a comment or other non-entry post is mistakenly made in this thread, it will be moved without penalty to the discussion thread. Just don't be surprised when it magically jumps over there. ;)

Good luck to all and thanks for participating!

Edited by chrisco97

Snake Bite :

th_snakeTotw.png

This is the texture used which is 100% PDN No stocks , made with the hexagrid , clouds , beveled and polar inversion and tube oblique .

th_greentexture.png

I bet $20 that it's either wood or stone. :P

Any banhammer-wielding casually scrolling passerby may think this is gambling. Go ahead, think that. But you're WRONG!

Any banhammer-wielder casually walking past can rest assured that csm' has just donated $20 to the charity of his choice :P

Thanks everyone.

I've sent a prelim' idea to chrisco' ... I've just got to iron out a few details and I'll send him the details tonight

Edited by welshblue

late as usual..well done Welshy.. congrats.. :D ..think carefully now!!!.. :lol:

regards j.d.

Thanks L3ron ... I should have been disqualified because I didn't post my starting texture

Thanks j.d'. ... thinking very carefully because I'm gutted that hexratt has deleted his gallery.

We may not have always seen eye 2 eye but I'd hate to be the reason he left. I just say it like I see it. Offensive being the best form of defensive

... so I'm thinking whether stocks should be allowed in a MOSAIC texture ?

Sorry for not going via you chrisco' ... but after a week off and 2 football matches on TV added to a day on the beer ...

Anyways, it's 23.47 pm here; ... @ this time tomorrow night the majority of the people who say yes or no to stock images being allowed, can do so in their texture entries ...

( ... if chrisco' agrees )

Hmmm...I was hoping you would choose a different theme since TOTW has never used any stocks in an entry.

--

But, I may be able to let it slide. What do you guys think?

The link that Welshy has provided indicates using a stock in this instance would be acceptable. I am ok with it this time. I don't think we have had this theme before...could be interesting!