(3.5.5) Merge Isn't Working Correctly

Hello,

I have several layers and I am trying to merge two of them together. I have one layer on top of the other. When I highlight the top layer, then click the Merge Layers button on the Layers Window... only the bottom layer is left.

The same happens if I use the Layer Menu Item on the menu bar.

Microsoft .Net 3.5 SP1 is installed.

Thank you,

Johnathan

signature.png

PdnRepair isn't going to do anything here, it isn't a magic cure all like that. It's only mean for installation-related issues.

jonathonamber, when you merge two layers, you end up with 1 layer. That's the whole point of its functionality. Or are you saying that you have more than 2 layers, and after merging, only 1 layer in the entire image is left?

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

PdnRepair isn't going to do anything here, it isn't a magic cure all like that. It's only mean for installation-related issues.

jonathonamber, when you merge two layers, you end up with 1 layer. That's the whole point of its functionality. Or are you saying that you have more than 2 layers, and after merging, only 1 layer in the entire image is left?

Hey Pat,

I understand the merge layers option is supposed to 'merge' layer selected with the layer before it. I use it all the time.

What I am saying is that I have layer 1 (with an image on the left with the rest of that layer being transparent), then I have layer two (with an image on the right with the rest of the layer being transparent) and when I select layer 1 and merge with layer two... all I am left with is layer 1 with the image on the left INSTEAD of images on both the left and the right due to the other side of each layer being transparent.

A good example:

Create two layers.

-On layer 1 (top) place a large 'A' on the left.

-On layer 2 (bottom) place a large 'B' on the right.

(Make sure you can see both characters while having both layers active)

Them merge layer 1 with layer 2.

You should then have a single layer with BOTH 'A' and 'B' as shown with both layer being active.

Problem is that when I do the above... I am left with only layer 2 'B' being shown instead of both 'A' and 'B'.

Thank you for keeping up with this program Pat, it is great!

Thank you and God bless,

Johnathan

signature.png