AOTW #5 Discussion Thread

Possum Roadkill

ATOWBanner4.png

Abstract of the Week Competition # 5

Winner is Sarkut ! Runner up is Sokagirl !

THEME IS: "Hidden Images" !

Make an abstract image that contains hidden images (see description below for more details).

This is the first competition dedicated to Abstract Art created in Paint.Net.

Here are the rules....

Theme is " Hidden Images ", make an image that holds within it other hidden images.

This is difficult to explain, so I have provided a link and three examples.

This is a link to a website that has many examples, http://www.planetperplex.com/en/hidden_animals.html

Here are some additional example images.

http://i396.photobucket.com/albums/pp41/PossumRoadkill/Board%20pics/face_landscape.jpg http://i396.photobucket.com/albums/pp41/PossumRoadkill/Board%20pics/bovine_atlas.jpg http://i396.photobucket.com/albums/pp41/PossumRoadkill/Board%20pics/warren_romantic_day.jpg

The idea is to create an image and hide related or unrelated images in your image using textures, colors, or objects.

The examples show a face hidden in a landscape, a map hidden on a cow, and lovers hidden in a seascape.

Due to the complexity of this theme, the entry period will run for a little over two weeks.

Stocks and renders are allowed, so please provide a link to them.

STOCKS AND/OR RENDERS ARE ALLOWED ! !

All submissions must be entered as a thumbnail link to the full size image.

No images previously submitted will be allowed.

This thread is for DISCUSSION only ! If you want to ENTER this comp, please go to the COMP thread HERE

The ENTRY period for this competition run through Friday evening June 18th, 2010 at 7:00 p.m., Eastern Daylight Savings Time. All Entries submitted up to that time will be accepted.[/size]

Edited by Possum Roadkill

SAC, WOTW and Photo Manip Competition Host

To visit the Comps click HERE

doesn't seem like something I would call "abstract"...more like photo editing.

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

doesn't seem like something I would call "abstract"...more like photo editing.

unless you draw/paint it all yourself. The only reason I allowed the use of stocks was because this is such a hard theme. It would fall more into the category of surreal art, but that can also considered abstract realism. I know, it's a stretch. :D

Well I did one but I don't think it's right because I used two stocks then layered with clouds , changed the colors . If it doesn't let me know and I'll be happy to remove it . I read the rules where it states create an image so I guess it doesn't qualify .. Sorry , I will remove it ..

I don't even know where to start.

I just happened to be working on something that fit the last one.

Sokagirl, I think yours qualifies. Combining images is sort of creating a new image, isn't it?

Well I did one but I don't think it's right because I used two stocks then layered with clouds , changed the colors . If it doesn't let me know and I'll be happy to remove it . I read the rules where it states create an image so I guess it doesn't qualify .. Sorry , I will remove it ..

No, it's fine. Stocks and renders are allowed in this round.

I don't even know where to start.

I just happened to be working on something that fit the last one.

Sokagirl, I think yours qualifies. Combining images is sort of creating a new image, isn't it?

Yes, it is a difficult theme. Sometimes that is what we need to push us to get better. Look at the examples and give it a try. You never know until you try.

Edited by Possum Roadkill

@ Possum , thanks .. I'm glad it did . This theme is very hard to create totally from scratch but Black Penny I have confidence in you , maybe you can find something you like and perhaps hide an image within an image as I had ? Blending and layering is easy for me but creating something like an illusion well that's a tough one .

@ Possum , thanks .. I'm glad it did . This theme is very hard to create totally from scratch but Black Penny I have confidence in you , maybe you can find something you like and perhaps hide an image within an image as I had ? Blending and layering is easy for me but creating something like an illusion well that's a tough one .

I have some ideas but..... I have some things going on right now and might not have much time. I'll try though. :D

Oh I know you and Yellowman always come up with such awesome pieces , I just can't even come close to what the two of you create .. :mrgreen:

Maybe I will give it a try. I was playing with some photos I took last summer, but didn't really get anywhere.

I have one small problem though - I cleaned up my hobby room, so now I have room, I'm spending more time with my Sculpey clay, and it's hard to tear myself away from it. :)

Very cool, Yellowman.

I've looked at the pictures, have a bit of a clue, and I'm thinking about it. It's a challenge. :)

Mine is in although it may not qualify as a "hidden image". just let me know and I will disqualify it..ok.

foilage tut/duplicate/flip horizontal/blend mode diff./shape 3d/..."deity!"... :mrgreen:

regards j.d.

Winner is Sarkut ! Runner up is Sokagirl !

Sarkut if you would please, PM me with the next theme.

fantastic result. well done everyone.

congrats. Sarkut and Soka. :mrgreen:

regards j.d.