Night Vision Text Effect

Frontcannon

@ mattz1996:

It has a bit too much contrast now but a very cool background :smile:

@ D3T0N4T0R:

The blue font colour doesn't work well with the green one, it looks a bit too isolated and bleak if positioned like this... I'm sure you can do better :greengrin:

• 4 weeks later...

Really cool effect, i will use it often. and i finnally used a different font other than good times.

2wri8pd.jpg

and for the fun of it i tried fire with it and this is what i got

post-77434-128143242031_thumb.jpg

Edited by DigitalAssassin

• 2 weeks later...

Loved this tutorial! Thanks a lot! Used this to make a quick logo for a friend of mines site. heres my outcome. blinkink2.png

And I just made this, not too happy with it, unsure if its because of the font I used or the pink color.

post-77713-128245500834_thumb.jpg

Edited by FlaK

How would I Use this text on an Image?

E.G. A Daft Punk Wallpaper, no words, but I would like to add "Human After All" In night vision, different color (Teal)

@ SparkRazor

It's easier than I thought. First, install this PlugIn: Grim Color Reaper

Open the flattened .png of your text. Set your primary colour to the background colour (if you followed the tut, it's black).

Use the PlugIn at default settings. Background gone!

You can then make a new layer under the text and try out different background colours, if you choose black, you'll see the text looks like before again!

Use Colour Tint to adjust the text's hue. Will update the tut with this :monocole:

Thanks, I got it to work, although i wish my picture wasnt using blends of colors (like different saturations and such for the green section.)

Picture is too big though, lol.

• 2 weeks later...

Boy you're showing me all kinds of music aren't ya? Lol. And again thanks for sharing Limbik Freq radio, I love it! Although some songs are redundant...but most of it is amazing! Well if you excuse me, I'm off to listen to that playlist. B)

RFSig_sd.png

musicbar.php?username=St1cki3&color=grey

First off thanks for the tut, its my fav. I have followed this tut before and made successful images. :Edited question, found the answer:

Edited by zomsoc

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I don't know why but my seismograph effect was all gray with white lines so it ruined my whole pic. am i doing something wrong? or maybe my file is corrupted?

EDIT: nevermind, i figured out what i did wrong. instead of putting -100 for seismograph i put +100. that fixed it! nice tut btw.

Edited by KillYouSD

• 1 month later...

Loved the tut... Really well written. Made it easy for a newb like me to follow, when you showed the string it took to get to each plugin. (example: when you put Effects - Photo - Glow... istead of just putting glow) That makes it much easier.

Edited by Schism
SchismSig.jpg

Ok... Not sure why I couldn't get my pic to attatch... so I signed out and signed back in here and in PB.

Hopefully it'll work this time... If it does, then here's my crack at it :P

nightvision.png

Cool! I guess it worked this time!

SchismSig.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Try http://searchpaint.net/ with the search term 'adding fonts'.