Sign in to follow this  
xmario

Transparent glass ball and magic sphere

cool tut xmario ... some great outcomes by everyone.

I used it to make this. The hand and gravestone are dingbats given PDN textures

th_Theworldinourhands.jpg

Thanks to Oma for some of the grass blades. Castle all PDN

Edited by welshblue

Wow! Super! good.gif It was very good!

It was very good! I understand how you create clouds, grass and even ball ap.gif. But I have no idea how to make the texture of the Castle. If this is not a secret, share one's idea... ad.gif

Great tut! 

I have a problem. When I apply glow for 3 times that oval circle area transforms in white so I can't add the shine from the back.

noooonumerge.png

I have a problem. When I apply glow for 3 times that oval circle area transforms in white so I can't add the shine from the back.

Have you done this before - "5.3. Apply effect Gaussian Blur. Radius 10"? bt.gif

yes I did. But When I apply Glow... what should I put at Brightness and Contrast? 

I haven't used Brightness and Contrast, but you can try it.

I think your image has a bigger size than my. "Gaussian blur radius 10" is not enough for your picture. Shine on your picture is not enough blur.

Try to change the color of the shine. Maybe it's too bright?

Edited by xmario

Absolutely fascinating. I did a turn at it but it didn't turn out so hot. I want to put one here that'll look like a glass ball rather than a poor facsimile.

I'm going back to try again. Some of the ones I see here are seriously good!

Okay. Here's my second try. The panda is supposed to dance inside the ball but I thought saving the ball as a .gif would allow that to happen. Didn't work.

blue1panda.gif

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Edited by uvah

Okay. Here's my second try. The panda is supposed to dance inside the ball but I thought saving the ball as a .gif would allow that to happen. Didn't work.

Your question is a bit out of this topic. You need Animated Image plugin to make animated pictures.

Thank you!! blush.gif The outcome will be even better if you apply a Gaussian blur and gradients. But it is impossible to write a universal tutorial. It's all very individually.

These are some examples that are made only Gaussian blur

Thanks for this great tut!

These are all excellent examples based on your tutorial. The red glass sphere is particularly brilliant! The red ball seem to have a couple additions that the blue ball tut doesn't have. Can you share any tips on how you made the red ball and especially how you achieved the very realistic central transparent area?

Great Stuff !

Can you share any tips on how you made the red ball and especially how you achieved the very realistic central transparent area?

It's all done with Gaussian blur. Unfortunately it is hard to formalise. blush.gif Just try to supplement the blue ball fit details. And glow beneath the red ball looks better. Try to experiment! crazy.gif